Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, check it out-
The project I was working on since about 2 months ago...
I'm going to need a team of mappers and GFX designers/rippers, as well as some MIDI people. The project, named XDoom (thinking of renaming it to D-Doom), is at v0.1 and it will be freely available to anyone and everyone who wants it. Of course, I'll need to send it via eMail...

But anyway, like I said, I'm going to need some help making it. Anyone who wants to help, eMail me at elric@monumentweb.com or PM me.

It's based on the original Doom Bible, so of course it'll probably become it's own TC by the time it's complete. This project WILL be completed. You know, unless everybody in the Doom Community loses interest. Also, another little thing; I'm sticking to the original size limit: no bigger than around 700k for the 'shareware' episode 1, zipped up. The final version will have no size limit.

These new projects just keep appearing. Someone should really invent an appropriate tag for this sort of thing ;)

But good luck on the project anyway.

Do you have something already done? If so, probably I can help you.

Russell_P said:

These new projects just keep appearing. Someone should really invent an appropriate tag for this sort of thing ;)

But good luck on the project anyway.

[newproject ]?

ex:

TestiSucker666, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

BlackFish, before you start showing off and demonstrating the fact that you know how to use the mega-cool-and-whatnot new project tag, make sure you have read the post first (look for elements of humour, etc). Keep in mind that most people know about the newproject tag and we've already seen it used for thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Darkhaven4 said:

This project WILL be completed. You know, unless everybody in the Doom Community loses interest.

Well so far you're the interest, so good luck!

AgentSpork said:

Isn't there already a project called "X-Doom"?

http://xdoom.newdoom.com

Yeah, that's why I'm thinking of renaming it to D-Doom.

Vegeta said:

Do you have something already done? If so, probably I can help you.

Yes, I already have some stuff done. If you wanna take a look at it PM me.

Good luck anyway. I hope You'll learn how hard is to keep up with the same project for longer than a month.
Oh, get a team. In a good team, You are responsible for others, and others are for You. Makes a great motivation.

There is also a Project X megawad.
Darkhaven, show everybody some screenshots. You might get more members of the project if you do that.

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/24639/normal_DOOM0008.png
http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/24639/normal_DOOM0009.png
http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/24639/normal_DOOM0010.png
http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/24639/normal_DOOM0011.png
http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/24639/normal_DOOM0012.png

(Keep in mind that these are all from the latest alpha...)
These are all meant to represent what Doom could have been, so obviously detail has been downplayed a little bit. Levels made with DETH/WinDEU32, textures placed+aligned with Doom Builder 1.60.

Uh.. You know what I'm going to say about the maps' light..
Other than that looks nice. Alpha textures, eh? Interesting.

Very nice looking, but the pistol from Hacx looks out of place. The Bayonet/Rifle would look better.

I have a "monster patch" that you could apreciate, it contains.

-Possesed human 1: replace trooper with a brown coloured marine, with a diferent death and explode animation, that use a pistol (I know, nothing special, but in the original plot the possesed humans seems too look something like this).
-Possesed human 2: the same, but grey and with a shotgun.
-Hell Troop: Imp that only do short range attacks.
-Hell Troop 2: Imp that instead of fire balls hurl some kind of magic ball.
-Sargeant Demon: The Demon, but with the sprites from the alphas, and an attack stronger than one of the Demons in DOOM (quite diferent sprites, and a totaly diferent death animation).
-Sargeant Demon 2: same, but shoot big fireballs (1 Mancubus fireball), they look better than what you imagine, they really fit in there.
-Skull: the alpha version of the lost soul, with its psychic attack instead of charge to the player.
-Upgraded cyberdemon: a cyberdemon with two cyber legs and arms (made by me, looks far better than the one used in "Evil Unleashed, I used a "tricky" way to make it fit properly). At the moments his attack is a double rocket launcher.
-Bruiser Horror: Baron of Hell with a diferent projectile, and a diferent attack behavior (shoots three instead of one).

Weapons:
-Bayonet: replace the fist
-Rifle: replace the pistol
-Old fashioned shotgun: replace the shotgun
-Machinegun: replace the chaingun
-Misile launcher: replace the rocket launcher

I made some maps based in the original plots, but they use the textures from DOOM and DOOM 2 (DOOM 2 with Enjays' DOOM1 texture pack).

Needs ALOT more variation when it comes to light levels. Everything looks... way too bright.

Vegeta said:

Very nice looking, but the pistol from Hacx looks out of place. The Bayonet/Rifle would look better.

I kinda *have* to go with the HACX pistol: In the Doom Bible it says the marine has a Machine Pistol and Bayonet attached to it. But you're right, now I'm kinda thinkin' it does look out of place. But that monster patch does sound very interesting... And you say you've made maps based on the original plots for Doom?
By the way, that death animation: You mean the one from the Alpha 5 version? The one where the demon actually explodes/dematerializes?

To AgentSpork: I know, I have a very dark monitor so it's kinda hard
for me to see sometimes. That's why I made all the light levels in that map at 255.

EDIT: I am now assigning map positions for those who want to map for this project.

E1M1: Hangar 2 - Me - Finished
E1M2: Supply Depot 2 - NONE
E1M3: Waste Processing - NONE
E1M4: Guard Tower - NONE
E1M5: Control Center - NONE
E1M6: Tei Tenga Labs
E1M7: The Observatory - Me - In Progress
E1M8: Tei Tenga Anomoly - NONE
E1M9: Enlisted Quarters - Me - In Progress
E2M1: The Lava Pits - NONE
E2M2: Mountainside - NONE
E2M3: Blood Keep - NONE
E2M4: Dark Citadel - NONE
E2M5: Halls of Fear - DarkJedi188
E2M6: Breakdown - NONE
E2M7: Catacombs - NONE
E2M8: The Absolution - NONE
E2M9: The Dark Crucible - NONE
E3M1: Tei Tenga - NONE
E3M2: Supply Depot 1 - NONE
E3M3: Storage Units - NONE
E3M4: Officers Quarters - NONE
E3M5: Recreation Center - NONE
E3M6: Mess Hall - NONE
E3M7: Labs - NONE
E3M8: Hangar - NONE
E3M9: Courtyard - NONE

Darkhaven4 said:

To AgentSpork: I know, I have a very dark monitor so it's kinda hard
for me to see sometimes.

Well make it brighter than.

Get a new monitor. And I've always wanted to see this project done since I learned of the doom bible's game, but you're going to need the ability to add more weapons. And more monsters. etc.

So I'll help if you like, I can map at a not too bad level, good enough for doom maps anyway. And I like to focus on gameplay in maps a lot. I can also rip some gfx and sprites for you, or sounds, whatever, maybe modify some frames of the original guns IF you can add extra frames to each gun, as well as add more guns(this is gonna be for zdoom, right?)

So... let me know...

Yeah, it's kinda for ZDoom because of the TEXTURE2 lump problem I'm having, and the new weapons and enemies... Anyway, check your eMail.

In order to become a mapper for this project do I need to submit my own previously designed WAD to you?
I enjoy building mines and castle type levels mostly. But I've tried to build a tech-base as well.
Currently I'm busy on two Heretic II levels, but I might be willing to build one level for you later on.
What's the deadline of this project? If it's not due until the last quarter of 2005 then I would gladly help you out. Otherwise I'd run out of time. :(

There is no deadline, it just gets done "when it's done," and you don't *need* to submit a map, but it would be best if you did. And just incase you were wondering, Episode 2 is pretty much caves and castles all the way through. Except Blood Keep; I was planning that around a gothic + tech thing.

Darkhaven4

I didn't forget about this, I cheked the monster patch, I made it when I didn't how to insert sprites in a wad without adding all the ones of the iwad, in order to send it to you I must find and delete the unnesesary sprites, I don't remember exactly the sprites I replaced. Currently I'm busy with study, but when I have the time I'll do the job and I'll send it to you (and to you too Dittohead, I received your message), probably this week end (I'm interested in the recreation of the DOOM Bible).

My suggestion to you Darkhaven is that don't pretend to make all six episodes with 9 maps each, but don't make just three episodes, for example, my idea is to make hubs or mini episodes with 4-6 maps each (one of them a boss arena), with Zdoom you add victory texts when you want, it's not necesary to fill the 32, or 27/36 (if it's for DOOM 1) maps slots.

That would require converting all the maps to Hexen format and that would likely corrupt the wad. But I suppose it couldn't hurt...

I think I'd like to do either the E2M1 - Lava Pits or the E2M5 - Halls Of Fear. Either one of those would be great.
As for my own previously made WAD, you can get it from FTP:
archives.3dgamers.com/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/d-f/demabun.zip
It's called Demon Abundance. It's a 3-level JDOOM WAD which was featured in Newstuff Chronicles #180 here on DOOMWORLD. Hope it suits you.

I might do a map for the project. E2 could be interesting... M3 or M4 maybe. What kind of maps would you want for those? Just in the style of original E2 of Doom?