Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CodenniumRed

Uploading levels?

Hello all, I'd like to know where to register to upload levels to the SUNET archives, and if possible how to submit the level right here at DoomWorld as well (or some E-Mail that I should send to a moderator or something, if that's the case, for the latter). I've uploaded levels for Unreal Tournament 2004, but here the means doesn't seem as obvious. Help is appreciated. Thanks. :)

Note that the guidelines for submissions are here.

Note also that the archive is not part of Doomworld.

"Eithor the server does not allow anonymous log-ins or the E-Mail address was not accepted."

I don't know what's wrong. I've tried the username 'anonymous' and tried both a Hotmail E-Mail account and an Optimum Online E-Mail account as the password.

But I haven't used the Optimum Online one in a while... and I'm not sure if they allow the use for free E-Mail service accounts.

Hello Codennium Red, I'm The Ultimate DooMer, one of the /newstuff chroniclers on these forums. If you have a wad you want to release, the best place to send it is the DooM archive. The Doomworld FAQ will tell you how to do this, and may also answer any other questions you may have about newstuff. The wad will then be reviewed on Sunday by myself or one of the other reviewers. If you have any questions, my contact details are on the bar at the bottom of this post.

(btw, the error message means that there's too many users on it at once)

Thanks a bunch! I can log in now, but loading is slow, and I still can't upload. I'll try again later tonight, when traffic clears up a bit. ;)

It's 1:37 AM Friday now. And it's even worse than before, since it crashes whenever I try to click on the SUNET submission FTP link. That didn't happen before, at least I was prompted to log in. Wierd.

CodenniumRed said:

SUNET

SUNET is the Swedish mirror. You don't upload there - the only place you can upload is to the master server, which Szymanski linked to above: ftp://archives.3dgamers.com/pub/idgames/incoming

Still can't get it to work. I also tried 4:30 AM in the morning, and now at 1:15 PM. At least yesterday I could get to the login page; now when I click on the very link, Internet Explorer crashes! It's been that way every time I tried since VERY early this morning (and I went to bed at 4:45 and awoke at 8:00).

My mistake for calling it SUNET, since the above link was the one I kept trying to use.

Well, I just got on - first attempt, no delay, "user #1 of 5 simultaneous users allowed."

So I don't know. Maybe you've just been unlucky. Are you following the instructions (see Ultimate DooMer's link to the FAQ) exactly?

CodenniumRed said:

I could get to the login page; now when I click on the very link, Internet Explorer crashes!

Try an ftp program like leechFTP, cuteFTP?

TRY ANOTHER COMPUTER!

(Ie school, a friends house ect, or if the wad is small you might be able to email it to someone and get them to send it). Every new file uploaded is automatically reviewed in the /newstuff chronicles every week, you dont need to "submit it" in any way, the reviewers use the magic technique of "looking in the folders themselves"

But the strange thing is, the link previousely DIDN'T crash. I was at least able to get the prompt to input a username and password. But not anymore, it seems. I've uploaded an Unreal Tournament 2004 level to the NaliCity FTP client without trouble... I don't know what's wrong. I DID E-Mail it to The Ultimate DooMer, though; however, I'd still prefer it to be uploaded.