Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

Deus Vult II underway

ducon said:

Who played map05? My poor prboom, lxdoom, old zdoom or legacy couldn't. I could not even edit it with yadex.
I think that I have enough memory...

You need ZDoom 2.0.48 or newer to play Map05. Older versions of ZDoom and all other source ports are not limit removing enough.

Graf Zahl said:

200 monsters can be a lot in a small level and not much in a large one. An absolute number doesn't say anything. Also important is the type of monsters being used.

In case of DV1 (Map05) I would have considered 1000 monsters adequate (but mostly limited to smaller and medium ones, not Cyberdemons and Arch Viles.)

The toughest monster in this map was the Vile (and only one of them). It's a really good map with some killer gameplay. Fast and furious! It only takes about 10 minutes to beat, but its the kind of map that doesn't have a single dull moment in it.

It kind of reminded me of some of AV's early levels, well, with a Vrack look that is.

Ho. Lee. Shit.

Nice looking first map - definitely goto see the finished product!

(If im not too "involved" with Doom 3 here very soon....)

=/

ragnew said:

The toughest monster in this map was the Vile (and only one of them). It's a really good map with some killer gameplay. Fast and furious! It only takes about 10 minutes to beat, but its the kind of map that doesn't have a single dull moment in it.

Sounds good. But oh well, 200 monsters and an archvile by the time you reach map 3, doesn't sound quite like the player is eased in too gently :P

Considering the first DV had about 10 arch viles on the first level on skill 1, its a great improvement in the gentility stakes...

I had to play through the original Deus Vult with ZDoom's "Kill Monsters" cheat code, because it was just downright chaotic. Even my tried-and-true method of SV_FASTWEAPONS 2 and a Berserk pack wouldn't faze the growing packs of monsters. Even running a co-op server with two people on skill 1. Here's hoping DV2 is less crazy. Maybe Hell Revealed kind of crazy, but no more. Please.

If he makes some smaller areas he'll be forced to populate them in a better way. He showed in some parts of DV that he is fully capable of good monster placement so this could get very interesting if he doesn't lose interest =)
Good luck Huy!

deathbringer said:

Considering the first DV had about 10 arch viles on the first level on skill 1, its a great improvement in the gentility stakes...

You can telefrag them… as well as the outside bunch of cyberdemons. I nearly finished DV in Hey not too rough and in fact it’s not so hard when you know what to do to survive (ie grab the right power-up, use the right weapon, go in the right place and do the right thing).
I think nevertheless that Hurt me plenty will be too hard for me.

Yes I know, I’m the same ducon here and there. I’m actually too lazy to search which patch I must apply on which sources… I just wait for a single file to download and I’m not impatient. For the moment prboom works well.

Taking on any more playtesters? I'm sure this wad will meet all of your intentions.

Absolutely beautiful, doubtlessly, this wad will blast the community, it even looks better then Deus Vult 1 did :)

Guy, you are very talented :) ..or you just have too much time left in your life ... O_O

Tormentor667 said:
Guy, you are very talented :) ..or you just have too much time left in your life ... O_O

Passive aggressive aren't we? If Mozart composed legendary symphonies, you DO NOT accuse him of having too much time on his hands! I for one am a full-time university student.

Doom Marine said:

Passive aggressive aren't we? If Mozart composed legendary symphonies, you DO NOT accuse him of having too much time on his hands! I for one am a full-time university student.

compairing ourselves to Mozart are we? :p j/k

Good god in heaven I hope you add a storyline or at least a good ending. I'm sure somebody here would have a really great storyline for it. And by the way, what was the deal with the eye of sauron towers? Other than having nothing to do with the theme of the level, and being out of place in the middle of hell, it served no purpose in the gameplay except for something to hide behind. Please tell me you aren't going to add anything like that in the second one.

EDIT:

If you want to get better at playing doom, then I highly recommend playing the first Dues Vult. For serious. And by the way, Dues Vult 2 looks SWEET!! I hope there's a really big boss battle at the end, like the one planned for Millinium.

Doom Marine said:

If Mozart composed legendary symphonies, you DO NOT accuse him of having too much time on his hands! I for one am a full-time university student.

Mozart had far too much time on his hands.