Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomdude_15

we need your opinions !!!

Team Corruption needs your opinion for a new mega wad, what would you like to see for the next big mega wad? any ideas are welcome.

Build a huge torn apart bright tech-base map.
The player has to destroy a few lost UAC machine and
kill some Zombiemen

*ahem*

"Build a huge torn apart bright tech-base map.
The player has to destroy a few lost UAC machine and
kill some Zombiemen"

i actually have a few levels similar to that. what did you mean by "lost UAC machine"?

how would a huge teck base with new and improved zombie men (look like the marine character only covered in blood) new textures and other new enemies be... would that be a good idea?

dont use ANY of the doom/2 weapons. now this doesnt exactly need to be all dehacked, but make everything look different.

also, i good meaty detonation for the rocket would be nice. something that sounds like it packs a whollop.

grenades would be nice as well (something that u can bounce around corners and use seperately from ur standard weapons... like something bound to a seperate key).

* Make sure to use a lot of new textures.
* Don't make it too satanic (large amounts of crosses, corpses, pentagrams etc). That's getting old IMO.
* Try to give your megawad a unique 'feel' to it.

PS: Has Team Corruption released anything yet?

"Has Team Corruption released anything yet?"
no, were basically new to the graphics thing, we've, or ive, made alot of new levels, and im pretty good at it, but this will be the first time that i have experimented with the whole graphics thing. but my buddies who have joined me are pretty experienced with some basic graphics packages. were pretty confident about how this will turn out, weve already come up with everything were going to replace, and its a real possibility. so were good to go as soon as were sure what the ppl want.

* Make sure to use a lot of new textures.
* Don't make it too satanic (large amounts of crosses, corpses, pentagrams etc). That's getting old IMO.
* Try to give your megawad a unique 'feel' to it.

weve got plenty of super detailed textures already made. some are actual pictures taken with a digital camera.

definatly not satanic, hardly at all, it takes more of a fresh, non bloody feel, sortof like a huge marine compound, and what im looking at is an experiment goes wrong and a virus spreads, turns marines to killer zombies.

trust me it will be unique, new guns, news story line, etc.

"grenades would be nice as well (something that u can bounce around corners and use seperately from ur standard weapons... like something bound to a seperate key)."

well i dont know if i can go that far, but if i can find some form of doom hacking program that can do that i will. thats a great idea.

How about a gigantic WAD that takes up the entire area of which you can edit a map in, make it super detailed, cram it with monsters, and the only weapon you get is your fists! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!1!1!1!1!!

hey, the grandes dont have to bounce or anything.

it would just be nice to have something to toss out.

say uve got a load of imps and a coupla HK's. toss the nade at the imps and then deal with the HK's instead of having to dodge the imp fire while trying to get up close to the hell knights to blast em with the ssg.

Ideas? 99 maps.
Oh and Doomdude_15, learn to use the quoting system.

doomdude_15 said:

Team Corruption needs your opinion for a new mega wad, what would you like to see for the next big mega wad? any ideas are welcome.

Just a suggestion: Perhaps you should try to set the trend instead of following it? :)

I'd love to see a mod much akin to Twilight Warrior. I'm kind of into the "realistic weapons" thing.

Build a tiny deteriorated castle map.
The player has to destroy ridiculous numbers of demon gateway,
kill three Shotgun guys,
kill a few Imps which guard some keycard,
destroy a lot crates,
find a lost UAC machine which is hidden behind three power generator,
kill ridiculous numbers of Imps,
find some skull key,
find a plasma gun which is hidden behind some crates,
find a BFG9k and
find power generator

Looks like boris was messing up with "idea generator" for too long.

Anyways, I'd like to see something new in a megawad. Few new monsters, while not getting rid of the old ones completly, maybe new weapons (like Railgun an Grenade laucher inserted properly), and maybe even new Powerups, like a powerupa that summons a monster to help you (not Dark Servan particulary, but that's also a good idea)...

I'd really like to see an adventurous megawad, where each level ends where the next level starts. No teleporting to Alaska and back, if you see what I mean.

Like, how about...a space station in a giant valley on Mars. Complete with windows seeing the vast orange landscape and mountains in the distance. You soon find a hole in one of the levels that leads to a cave. Then you go through some cave levels and end up ON one of the mountains! Etc.

oh, and there should be chicks in there somewhere. Lots of chicks... yeah, that would be great... chicks...

ahum, sorry about that...

maybe a brand new super weapon, something completely different from the bfg, maybe something like the chronoceptor from Turok (the original).

btw, TUROK kicked ass!!! *ahem* so yeah.

doomdude_15 said:

what would you like to see for the next big mega wad?

Next? As in your 'team' has already done something to speak of or to give you a shred of credibility?

so far in the project i have created half of level 1, and replaced the chaingun with a new sub machine gun that fires off 4 rounds per second, however the damage does much less, it just fires faster, alot like the pulse rifle from aliens versus preditor, the weapon i have made is a smaller sub machine gun with a red scope. and the zombie man looks more like a former marine, with helmet etc.

Great, another megawads that have about 5% chance of get finished.
Sorry to sound harsh.

You really got to be dedicated to finish a MegaWad, especially by yourself. I only started mapping 3 years ago and I've been working on DTCA every since and it STILL has awhile to go.

cyber-menace said:

You really got to be dedicated to finish a MegaWad, especially by yourself. I only started mapping 3 years ago and I've been working on DTCA every since and it STILL has awhile to go.

well first of all, ive got 2 ppl on the team, were pretty confident with this project, also i just switched my level design from windeu to doom builder, and the level design is coming along very fast, especially considering how detailed my first map is. its almost done and going pretty well...

deathbringer said:

Who's "We"?

i do graphic design/ level design
jake does level design/ story

Use3D:
Next? As in your 'team' has already done something to speak of or to give you a shred of credibility?

i said next big mega wad, not OUR next big megawad.

basically, this will be our first major project, and were working on making it as cool as possible.
we are replacing all of the weapons
and almost all of the enemies
new textures (tons)
new story line
were also trying to make a tossable granade

everything is basically new. so right now any other major ideas are welcome, because were fixing to start everything.

Don't make the same mistake as I did bub. Search the forums for Tale of Doom and you'll probably think twice about this. What you should do is work on a singleplayer map by yourself, release it to newstuff whenever it's done and see how the review goes. If it's pretty good and you have skill, nab your own megawad like Converted Doomer did and all should go well.

i'd like to see doom with doom 3 monsters, brand new weapons,(Ex: sniper rifle, flamethrower) levels with wider outsides, bigger cyberdemons(than doom 3, about 45 ft.)with 1 rocket arm and 1 plasma arm, surviving marines. and ships you can fly or go in with intense air battles!