Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReX

Eight down, One to go .......

That's right folks, eight out of nine maps of Phobos Revisited have been completed, with just E1M7 remaining to make it a complete E1 replacement. Plus, I've put up 6 new screenshots of E1M6 and 6 new screenshots of E1M9.

Stay tuned, and don't touch that dial .....

Will you be doing Deimos Revisited and Hell Revisited (I think this name may be taken though) next?

Use3D said:

This looks good! It doesn't run under doom.exe though...

As a matter of fact doom.exe is precisely what Phobos Revisited is designed for. The whole point is to make the map-set playable under vanilla DooM -- while adding architectural detail to the greatest extent possible without triggering VPO errors, and making the gameply more challenging.

I wonder what gave you the impression that it doesn't run under doom.exe.

Ichor said:

Will you be doing Deimos Revisited and Hell Revisited .... next?

I think I'm going to need a break from mapping, but there's no rest for the wicked (which btw, was the name of one of the maps in my Wicked series) -- I've committed to four maps in two community projects, and I want to continue work on my ZDooM version of Episode 1.

Cacodemon said:

Any attempts on a release date? Will it make it into the doomworld reviews in the next weeks?

Btw.:
http://doomnexus.50megs.com/Stuff/04reason.html
is broken
(reasons to stay at home and do doomwork)

I've thought long and hard about trying for a definite release date. The problem I have is my uncertain job workload and schedule -- although I have a normal 40-hour work week, I often have to travel at short notice or drop everything to prepare a technical/cost proposal. This means that I can't plan my extra-curricular activities too precisely. I'm hoping for a September release, but as the old saying goes .... it'll be released when it's done. :(

The link to the 10 Good Reasons to Stay Home and do DooMwork is broken because I haven't completed the 10 reasons and uploaded the file to my site. I had the link there as a place-holder, but perhaps I should remove it for now. Better yet, perhaps I should finish the 10 reasons and upload it, eh?

ReX said:

I wonder what gave you the impression that it doesn't run under doom.exe.

Uh, the fact that is looks so awesome, my bad. Thanks Rex, this set is just what I need after all this Doom3-ing.