Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrupted Marine

Team Corruptions Project [new project]

corrupt_marine said:

badass job Nmn! you really are the master of graphic design !

:)
Really I have to disagree, there are people better than me (Scuba Steve, Kronos), I'm still learning.

Badassed. It could use some slight light highlights to make it looks more realistic and synthetic. A very nice job.

Nmn, how long did it take you to do that work with my rifle? And can i keep it? :) hahahaha

Ofcourse, I take no credit :) It took me about 45 mins or so. Plain fun!

I wonder if theres some way I could convince one (or both ^_^) of you gentlemen to make a couple weapons graphics for a project im working on... I could trade you a map (Plenty of examples of those) Or a 3d model or something... (I've got some examples available too)
I'd really like to have something that set this project apart (besides the story ;) And you guys just.. wow.. :) Would you be interested?

I must diagree any project propositions (see how much attraction Graphic artists spawn? :) because I'm already on a project that will surely send all other projects crying like babies (maybe with the exception of Scuba Steve's either Zombie Doom or Action Doom 2), however I will attend to make a weapons tutorial. It's more than obvious that the results of the attempt (I'm planning 2 tutorials-basic weapon and more advanced weapon in termas of form) will be some arminents. Perhaps You could find something of use. Watch out.

Gemini said:

(...)Wall textures(...)

I'm skilled in wall textures :D I have an unreleased Quake 2 inspired texture set on my HD named "NMN Corporation" (this one is a tad old and does not reflect my current capabilities). If anyone would like it don't hold Your tongue. Here's an apetizer
http://img111.exs.cx/img111/6030/texturesete1m1.gif
|]-~

I'll zip them and put here for easy downloadation. Hmmm.. maybe someone could release to the archives? :]-~

hey guys, nothing new here, no new gun, but im fixin to start a new one. (if i ever decide to stop sittin on my ass and playin doom...) and ill be kinda busy this weekend... i got a date! hahahaha, so now you cant call me a looser! ok that was off subject. but theres no new news here really, here are some little shoutouts:

gemini09 - dude, if youll ever get back onto this thread and reply, or PM me, we could start something with this megawad of yours, because i am very interested, and right now, i will pretty much join any megawad.

Nmn - sup dude! just wantin to say hey, and just want to ask you sumthin real quick... what kind of super project is this that you keep braggin about? is it really that good? why dont you give us some info on what its about. dont keep us curious.

SirTimberWolf - are you interested in my weapons that i have? or are they too basic. as you could see, Nmn did some great editing to my work, but ill make a big comeback as soon as i get some new program like Paint Shop Pro... :) but if your interested in my weapons, like the SMG, ill give it to you for sumthin cool. I have all the frames complete for the SMG, and its already converted into a WAD file, the muzzle flash is very good, thats the one thing im good at. wanna see?
http://www.midsouth.com/~bigdogd/gun2flash2.bmp
ther' ya go partner!

Corrupt-pretty good muzzle flash tough You could luminate it more.

A date? Lucky fella, I have a girl I've been asking for a date for several weeks and still no success :(

[!!!]
My project..-it's a secret really, we want to not let any material leak or such (like RTC or D64TC-those were secret) but I'm glad to see interest.
It's name is R-One.
This project will use a custom engine by our programmer, ALL new Graphics from scratch, over 40 beatiful, realistic maps, ALL new music, deep involving storyline, RPG Inventory and developing player's statistics and will be distributed without the need of having the doom2 iwad ... o____O Yes, this will be a new game, and will surely own everything anyone have ever made when it comes to Doom. Without any fear of hyperbole or over-reaction I can say-that only Strife is capable of being a worthy rival for our project >:D
We seek more interested people to our secret brotherhood. All we ask for are capabilities (design, mapping, graphics, storywriting, idea collecting, support and motivation) and dedication.
[/!!!]

Oy! Sounds something like the project im doing.. LoL though mine is more story driven then strife was.. hehehe (still plenty of action, but its deeper ;D)

Corrupt: Check your PMs =P

Hey Corrupt Marine...I'm a little unsure of what new stuff I want in this WAD of mine, originally it was going to be some maps I'd quickly slap together, but I think maybe I should go for a megawad here now...Maybe I'll continue my very first abandonded project, which I never did any work on, except write down ideas and sketches and gather a bunch of textures. I'll get back to you in a couple months from now, ok? :-) I can't decide whether I want to make a remake of Doom 1 & 2, where I would use original weapons and monsters, or something new, with new weapons, and re-colored monsters (green Imp, yellow Demon, where they're supposed to be aliens instead of demons... :-)

Gimme a few months to think about it! :-)

Did you check the screenshots by the way? No comments on any of them, and I think they look real damn good myself...!

yeah gemini, i saw the screenshots, not too bad, i like your sky also, pretty cool. Anyway, im kinda into the whole halo 2 theme right now. >:D the level design from level 1 is awesome on halo 2, if anyone out there thinks they can come close to matching it, just give me a reply. and i got good news, and bad news.
the good news is, ive got about 10 ppl that want to join my project.
the bad news is, i cant make up my mind on who to pick... :(

It's good, it just looks much too... clean. It's unrealistic looking(more shading and detail, some dirt would help). Also, the doomguy hand seems to have been smoothed out. Fix that!

Anyway, its good to see so many progressing weapon artists around these days.

well that sucks, i thought you would like it better than that. too clean... well thats your opinion, and your opinion is the one that counts, so ill work on fixin all of this, however, i cant do much because i still cant seem to work the paint shop pro 9. its very confusing, i used paint shop pro to do this gun, but all i succeded in doing is making it look blurry, and too clean, from what you say...

Please note the rules on posting images, especially with respect to the file size. Note also that saving an image as PNG can reduce the file size to a tiny fraction of what it would be as a BMP, without losing any quality.

PNG's are good, You can also try to use Gifs (D-efinately not JPG's, not for Pixel-art and Doom weapons are that). PSP can save both PNG's and Gifs :)

Corrupt: a suggestion from me would be to make the weapon in hi resolution and RGB color and then when it's drawn, size it down to 2x the size you intend to have it in, change the pallette to the doom pallette (indexed colors) then you size it down to the actual size. this way it'll look more realistic and it will not be as blurry either. (because there's no antialiasing going on when you use indexed colors)

i fixed dis bad boy up, it looks nice and dirty thanks to Print Shop. i figured out how to work alot of it!

did some new darks and lights and smoothed it out, then added a dirty look to the chamber.

Nice boomstick dude. Makes me wanna blast something...
I know what could spice things up..
Add a layer of clouds to the rear (silver) chamber to make it look dirty-lower opacity too.
Add some shells to the side of the gun :D

yeah, thats why i simply said, nuff said. i think it sucks. its finished, all frames, and its in a wad already, so if anyone wants it to use freely in your mod or level, im considering it. just tell me if you want it. i didnt make it to the side, or perspective because the plasma rifle fires straight from the center screen. and it wouldnt look right.

corrupt_marine said:

here ya go, just made a new one:

I am not a moron who quotes images. Ph33r me.

the B.A.N.G Cannon for Big Ass Nuke Gun hahahahahahahha

Shameless LDG Rip-off ;)
When I look at Your rest of Your weapons each one is actually better-constructive progress! :D

IMO You're using the light grey color a bit too much. Try to stick with darker greys and make more contrast-instead of grey use dark greys and bright ones to create a genuine contrast.

I say if You have some angled weapons-stick to them. IMO, they are better. Some people say they are not doomish because they don't fit with the rest of the guns-there's a simple solution-make ALL new weapons replacing all old ones ;) I say-stick to the angled ones. You can put more details to them than onto the top-whee!