Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lutrov71

Join Team Visplane Overflow!

New member...
Tormentor667, yay!

EDIT: We are also Team Visplane Overflow. Should I call us the Visplane Overflows or just Team Visplane Overfow.

I'm not NMN, but I'd have to go with Visplane Overflow (singular). It sounds a little bit better.

I dunno if I'd even call my team by a situation that is created by the mapper that makes the level end up buggy.

IMO it's like calling a Doom3 mapping team
"Team 14 lights hitting every surface"

"Team 14 lights hitting every surface"

Damn, looks like I'm going to have to change the name of my Doom 3 mapping team then.. :(

kristus said:

I dunno if I'd even call my team by a situation that is created by the mapper that makes the level end up buggy.

It's just a name. It doesn't need to be serious. As Shitbag says, 'A name is a name, that's why I pick such stupid ones to begin with.'
Also, Agentspork, did you make your Doom Realm web-site or did Mike?

No, it's a heavily modified version of THIS template. I needed to get my site back up and fast, and was too lazy to redesign it from scratch, so.. Bah.

Visplane Overflow has a nice ring to it :D

Anyway, here's some (early) WIP on the cars (using new textures as well as ZDooM slopes):

Now I don't consider myself to be the best graphics artist by far, so any comments are welcome.

That's great. I can probably get somebody to make some new graphics for the car if you want. Or maybe have a few of those cars with different graphics.

NEW MEMBER: Nokturnus from the Chaos Crew! Worket on Caverns of Darkness and came second in the 10 sector competition.

BlackFish said:

I would join but I'm overflowed with my own project (I wish somebody did some sprites for me! :( )

http://max2.tradingsystems.net/DOOM0253.png
http://max2.tradingsystems.net/DOOM0252.png
http://max2.tradingsystems.net/DOOM0250.png

The textures are a blend of mine, sftextures, the doomsday ones, and some Doom64 stuff.

You can still join, but you don't need to become active right away. You can give ideas and stuff.

Sure I'll join. I can also offer textures en stuff. BTW, learn to edit your posts.

And if anybody on the team can lend me some sprites (perticulary weapons related) I'd love it. I'll handle the design.

Sorry, I couldn't really be bothered editing my post, I've done it about 10 times today. :)
New members: Blackfish and FenderDude_89.
I might need another team leader... Lot's of members. And NMN might be able to do weapon sprites for you.

you guys should look at Shadow Warrior if you want to make sweet looking cars (shape-wise and texture-wise).

Lutrov71 said:

That's great. I can probably get somebody to make some new graphics for the car if you want. Or maybe have a few of those cars with different graphics.

Yeah, somewhat more... ahem... "professional" graphics would be welcome. I just quickly did those in Paint to get an idea about the look and shape of the car :p

Oh yeah. I'm just curious as to wether or not I'm supposed to be doing anything right now. :P

Hmmn. Agentspork, when the elevator reaches the higher level, it doesn't close. Can you make it close? And you won't need to go back down, so there is no need for 2 buttons.

Why is the "team" so freakin' big? You may as well just do another community project at this rate.

hmm, what will i be able to offer if i join? maybe nothing other than scathing critisisms of stuff other people make!