Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dutch Doomer

My '''pure evil'' wad in progress

Nightmare Doom said:

have you joined ZDoom forums yet?

No not yet

Nightmare Doom said:

Does your new map gonna include the Resource Wad monsters?

No im not going to use them,im not a big fan of those monsters.

Stealthy Ivan said:

Really impressive screens!!! I love the choice of textures, and very nice shadow and lighting effects!

Don't look at those textures and shadow effects,just take a look at the layout of my rooms.
Square here square there,it only looks nice because of those shadows and textures,this is what i call a turd on perfume nothing more.

AgentSpork said:

What?! That looks awesome! Don't delete that map, dammit.

Its not gone yet,ill put it aside for a while and go do something else.
I need inspiration,i think i have used all of it on titan426.

dutch devill said:

Don't look at those textures and shadow effects,just take a look at the layout of my rooms.
Square here square there,it only looks nice because of those shadows and textures,this is what i call a turd on perfume nothing more.

Don't be so hard on yourself :oP

Those newest screens look very nice. Those midbars not only break up the room graphically, but also change the layout and could make for some interesting battles.

I certainly wouldn't throw what you've done away. It would look perfectly excellent in a level. There's nothing wrong with square rooms in a level, just try and add some more varied, less-square rooms and architecture to complement what you already have.

Well i have deleted a large part of my wad,that i didn't like.
Made good progress the new parts i created,they look stunning to me.
So you can forget the second screen from above,its all gone what came in place for it looks much better.
I post those screens this weekend when they are completely done,your gonna like them wait and see,i have to finetune them a bit more.

Btw:guys thanks for your feedback,i almost deleted everything.

Still having problems getting my wad to look good,i don't know what your opinion is about these.
They look better than the first three screens,its the same area but completely redone,well the inner part is redone.
Maybe the outside part of this room needs some work,i haven't decided yet,maybe i leave it the way as it is now.
A few updates:

More updates,this area is not completely done.
Its basicly the starting area you see on the first three screenshots,but it had not enough detail imo,so i have changed a lot of stuff.
Some parts are gone,cause they did look odd compared to the new areas i created.
Made more ledges and sloped areas to give the player a more 3 dimensional feeling when playing this wad.
And of course crammed a lot more detail into it,cause i like detail.
screen 1
screen 2
screen 3
screen 4
My wad does need a good name,so i was thinking about this one "altar of evil",i don't know if i going to stick with this one.
If one you guys know a good one that suits this wad better im all ears.