Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zark

Zarkyb Presents: Doom 2

I like those screenshots! :) I can't wait to play this .WAD, whatever its name will be...! ;) Moreover I'd like to play and review another .WAD by you, Zarkyb... I am still waiting for the sequel of "Tremor I: Genesis", so that I can give a vote higher than 7 to you and your .WAD! ;) (See my review of "Tremor I: Genesis" here: http://utenti.lycos.it/ismaele85/Reviews.htm#Tremor:%20Part%20I%20-%20Genesis)

Wow, your votes are based on whether the author has made a sequel to another wad or not? Lame. BTW, that link goes to a blank page.

Xenophon said:

Wow, your votes are based on whether the author has made a sequel to another wad or not? Lame.

Nothing is much wronger! I don't base my reviews on the existence of prequel or on the expectation of the release of a sequel! I just wished that the author could get a higher assessment with another .WAD (whatever it is: a sequel to the level I reviewed or just a completely new .WAD!). Read my other reviews to check that your opinion doesn't subsist!

BTW, that link goes to a blank page..

BTW the link works, although it doesn't refer the bookmark of the review, but it just refers the "Review" page.

If you have any soul, please get rid of or substitute for some of the ridiculous ammounts of megaspheres and invunerability spheres (and ammo, for that matter), at least on difficulties 4 and 5.

AgentSpork said:

Doom 2's maps need much more of an overhaul than Doom 1 Episode 1's ever did.

Strange, I always thought about that the other way round.
Most Doom1 maps (especially E3) look like crap compared to Doom2 IMHO.
Knee deep in the dead is no exception!

The project looks nice btw!

Vader said:

Strange, I always thought about that the other way round.
Most Doom1 maps (especially E3) look like crap compared to Doom2 IMHO.
Knee deep in the dead is no exception!

The project looks nice btw!

Uh, what? You obviously need to take a closer look at Doom 2's maps, then (especially maps like Downtown or Suburbs. The only episode in Doom I would say that could use a little work is Episode 3. All of the other episodes look MUCH better than the garbage in Doom 2.

Yeah, the Doom 2 map design is a little... meh. It feels pretty random, like someone's shoved different bits of maps together to make one bigger one.

AgentSpork said:

Uh, what? You obviously need to take a closer look at Doom 2's maps, then (especially maps like Downtown or Suburbs...

That´s right, these maps are crappy along with some others!
But then take maps like Refueling Base, Tenements or The Abandoned Mine,
these look and play great IMO.

I don´t think that most of doom1 maps look sicnificantly better in any way!
It had its crappy maps or map-parts as well.

NiGHTMARE said:

Well, Refueling Base was originally designed for Doom 1...

Really?

Cool.

NiGHTMARE said:

Well, Refueling Base was originally designed for Doom 1...

Wow, that would explain why I think it's one of the few Doom2 levels that doesn't suck.

Scuba Steve said:

Wow, that would explain why I think it's one of the few Doom2 levels that doesn't suck.

Yep, like several Doom 1 maps (eight of them, I believe), it was originally created by Tom Hall and later finished off by Sandy Petersen.

Personally I think most of the Romero maps are okay, but I agree the majority of D2's maps leave a lot to be desired. The basic theme of most have them has potential though (in fact, I love Focus style maps), so chances are high ZarkyB will present us with a stunner :).

Long long ago, in a galaxy far away...
the KDiZD team was so fond of it's creation, that we did talk much about ZDooming other three episodes of Doom, and then moving to Doom2. IMHO it's even better that someone else started similar work already. Good luck, Zarkyb.

I may be of some help in the future if you need some.

Don't You 2 have more important things on Your hands?

I assume Tormentor means he'd be willing to help after KDIZD is finished :).

Killionaire said:

How's this coming along? Was really looking forward to it and i'd be bummed out if it just up and died.

Well I've been pretty busy with exams and uni work recently. I also have no internet where I live right now so I haven't been able to update as much as I'd like. But I'm not dead and it's coming along nicely. Expect more screens soon.

Nmn said:

Don't You 2 have more important things on Your hands?

That's why I used word future. That means something you don't do now. You do it later. Tomorrow, or a day after. Geddit?

My point mr. working on 500 projects was that this "tomorrow" may come after 2 years or so. That is if You don't mind working on more than 1 projects at a time.

-Whaaaaaaa! Mummy, NMN is naughty! He says I'm a lazy ass and I don't finish my projects
-But that is so true...
O_o

/me goes to finish DRD...

ellmo said:

(...)
/me goes to finish DRD...

I can't imagine a better moment to use this smiley:
^_^