Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sitters

The aztec Released

The level “The aztec” is ready and released.

The download link:

http://www.sitters-electronics.nl/screenshots/Theaztec.zip

The configuration of doomsday is stored in the batch file.

I am not using a pk3 file be course it takes FPS, and by this level you need a lot of computer power.

Enjoy.

Edit :

#------------------------------------------------------
# MUSIC
#------------------------------------------------------

Header
{
Version = 5;
Sfx prefix = "sfx_";
Mus prefix = "mus_";
}

Flag { ID = "sf_shift"; Value = 0x1; }
Flag { ID = "sf_shift2"; Value = 0x2; }
Flag { ID = "sf_exclude"; Value = 0x4; }
Flag { ID = "sf_nodist"; Value = 0x8; }
Flag { ID = "sf_repeat"; Value = 0x10; }
# Music { ID = "None"; }
Music { ID = "runnin";File = "c:\doomsday\music\unfolded.mp3"; }

#--------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT : Corrected the error in the ded file, in the new download.

hey hey.
cool.
edit: hey i would improve your bat. it assumes directory trees... grr..

Jehar said:

hey hey.
cool.
edit: hey i would improve your bat. it assumes directory trees... grr..

Yes I am going to write a install program and launcher, that examines the directory structure and gives the right parameters. For the future wads.

not neccessary man. just make a simpler bat file. it dont need to examine anything. just run from whatever directory the bat happens to be in, and assume subseqent trees are consistent with a normal doomsday install.

Jehar said:

not neccessary man. just make a simpler bat file. it dont need to examine anything. just run from whatever directory the bat happens to be in, and assume subseqent trees are consistent with a normal doomsday install.

Yes, but maybe its easier for some people to do it with a install program. I can imagine me that when you not knowing how the structure works that they cant get it to work.

Greetings.

Just played through, and damn that was a nice looking map. Some of the areas were slightly underdetailed, and some of the scenery got in the way. Also, there were some places (behind staricases that weren't joined to the rest of the room) where the player could get stuck.

I really wanted to play this wad, but now I won't bother. Could it possibly BE any harder to get running? Christ! The Bat file is a joke, and the files are so spread out, I don't even know where to begin if I want to try and run the level manually. Maybe if Jdoom wasn't crap and let you put all the resources into a single wad so this whole 30 files spread out over 30 directories problem wouldn't exist.

Come get me when this level can be played without having to need a CS degree.

though it can be a pain to make sure everything is in c:\doomsday or write your own batch file... it isnt THAT hard man. dont tell me you can't do this.

Have you read the bat file? There are no less than 12 seperate command functions, half of which I have no idea what they do. I shouldn't have to edit a deh to match my diercotry or try to decipher how it works. At the most I should have to add a couple of wads with the -file command line. There's no reason the wad shouldn't be self contained or have a simpler install procedure.

Scuba Steve said:

Have you read the bat file? There are no less than 12 seperate command functions, half of which I have no idea what they do. I shouldn't have to edit a deh to match my diercotry or try to decipher how it works. At the most I should have to add a couple of wads with the -file command line. There's no reason the wad shouldn't be self contained or have a simpler install procedure.

In the next levels I make it easy for everybody, i going to use kickstart, pk3 and config. files

Greetings.

Good. Like the Doom64 TC, if the wad is going to have multiple files required to run, it should be made easy as possible... and a kickstart profile would be great. What are the chances that one oculd be put together for The Amazon? I really want to play this level.

Maybe if Jdoom wasn't crap and let you put all the resources into a single wad so this whole 30 files spread out over 30 directories problem wouldn't exist.

There is no need for the batch file at all.

Doomsday has the PK3 system for exactly this purpose - to allow authors to package all the data files in to one easy to install addon.

BTW The idea of models as a lump in PWAD makes me puke :P

I seriously cannot believe how stupid Scuba is appearing to be.

What was the big deal in getting it running?

Scuba Steve said:

Good. Like the Doom64 TC, if the wad is going to have multiple files required to run, it should be made easy as possible... and a kickstart profile would be great. What are the chances that one oculd be put together for The Amazon? I really want to play this level.

Ok here the directory structure :

Doomsday
|
|
|------- Models
|
|-------Wads
|
|-------Music
|
Data
|
Jdoom
|
|---- Textures1
|
|-----Auto

Jdoom directory is under Data.

You can place the wad in the directory Auto and play it with kickstart.
I you can not come out of it, go to the doomsday website and learn.

Greetings

KuriKai said:

It is a very nice map.
Are there going to be more levels?

I am now working on a new map ChillerCastle, screenshots coming soon.

Jehar said:

I seriously cannot believe how stupid Scuba is appearing to be.

What was the big deal in getting it running?

The big deal is that I rarely use Doomsday and I shouldn't have to learn all the command lines and frontend commands to play one wad. I know Doomsday runs on my computer, but I have troubles getting this to work.

I always get steamed when a wad I want to play that looks great doesn't work or has a major flaw, like Grove before release of Grove Alt.

I think it's the authro's duty to make a mod as easy as possible to play. I wouldn't play any wad that had me run a wad file for each level, I'd expect them to be merged. And I expect a kickstart profile to make playing easier when there are so many files that need to be run. I really want to play this, but won't bother until it is made easier.

Scuba Steve said:

I think it's the authro's duty to make a mod as easy as possible to play. I wouldn't play any wad that had me run a wad file for each level, I'd expect them to be merged. And I expect a kickstart profile to make playing easier when there are so many files that need to be run. I really want to play this, but won't bother until it is made easier.

Indeed, Whenever I released a wad I've been working very hard to make sure that it's as straightforward as possible. Personally I think the whole structure of Jdoom is way to complex. It's using Pk3 files, but it didn't inherit the directory tree from Quake3, what is the point of this?