Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BloodAngel

TC Proposal - SPACE HULK!!!

As some of you may know from my previous posts, I am currently working on a "Space Hulk" themed total coversion. My TC will feature a custom laucher with voice recorded mission briefings, 32 new levels, New weapons (Stomer Bolter, Flammer, and Minigun), and a new game type: Species Survival? Where you can choose to be a Genestealer or Space Marine. The goal of the Space Marines would be to reach a exit, or survive for a certain set ammount of time. Where the Genestealers goal would be to kill all the Marines in the level.

This actual project of mine began early in May. Which during that month a majority of my time/work was spent on researching what DOOM ports existed, and what functions they supported. After purchasing both DOOM guru books from ebay and playing around with Doom Builder for a few weeks I realized that this TC of mine is certainly possible. I also started creating my own custom sounds for Doom at this point, which came out very well. :-)

Now I would like to ask the DOOM community if anyone would be interested in helping out with this project? Or letting me know if it is even worth while to do? With or without praise of the community I will still probelly try and make it anyway... lol

What I am in need of is level designers, and anyone talented with drawing sprites. I've already ripped a majority of the textures for use with the TC from the PC version of Space Hulk: Vengence of the Blood Angels. At this point I have not been able to successfully rip the Marine, and Genestealer sprites. So what I have resorted to is physically drawing them from the few miniture figures I own. Lacking a digital camera makes each frame take a great deal of time and paitence... Though my first came out rather well especially after I shaded it, only one frame down and too many more to go....
Anyone interested in this project please contact me.

Space Hulk? Where's the big green guy with a space suit!? I MUST KNOW! YOU WONT LIKE ME WHEN I'M ANGRY! Muhuhahaha...

Hey, i like Space Hulk. ********ly one of the coolest board games around.

Now, first of all, that screenshot. The poor bloodangel looks like a regular space marine. Where is the terminator armor me wonders?

Can't really help you im afraid, but what is the plan? Are you going to recreate the missions aswell, with flamer cleasing and retrievel of lost computer chips? :)

My original Idea was to through in both types of Marines into the mix, having the Space Marines as your basic grunt soldier and the more powerful terminator as the Elite Soldier.

Recreating all the original missions would not be all that hard to do. I was however wanting to come up with new original missions, which would include the actual flight and boarding of the Hulk.

Please remember I am creating these sprites by looking at the minitures I have of them. Not a very easy thing to do any way you look at it. Unfortnatly at this time I do not have any Terminators, but I should be able to obtain them from ebay within the next week.

REPLY TO: 3 POSTS ARE BAD BAD BAD

Well, I'm sorry I didn't know know know.
Besides isn't the point of a "FORUM" to post post post?
I started this forum as a means to locate other's interested in my Space Hulk project. Anyone without anything constructive to say need not waste their time posting here.

Hey im am a mapper aswell i wont mind making a level or to, and if you make it for edge i could give you the code I used for my now-abandond tc.

left click was the storm bolter/auto cannon/ flamer and the right click was the power fist...

Interesting, Edge was what I first begain making the TC on as well.
Ive since moved it over to eternity because of its MBF support.
I'd be very happy if you shared your maps/graphics/code with me.

What is your aim SN?
Email me at thunderred666@aol.com

Hey now, you know neither of them are gonna get past 10 levels and a few placeholder graphics anyway, just like 98% of all TC's, so if people wanna create a new version of something thats being done, let them!

So there is huh? A link to it would be nice...
Im not looking to improve on anyone else's TC, I am doing my own.
The classic Hulk levels have already been done enough, its time for something will more originality to be made. Though I havent seen the other Hulk TC thats out, I'd like to boldy state mine will be better.
:-) :-) :-) :-)

I'll have to take a look at that. Like I said before, this wont be simply a Weapons mod, with a few changed enemy graphics. I intend to make this a full TC.

Thanks. I'll be putting up a new screen soon, Im working on a genestealer sprite right now and adding more detail to the first level.