Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ebon

"doom revenge" Any attempt?

Has there been any attempt for a TC that turns the player into a DOOM monster having revenge upon humans - eventually conquering Earth?

i think the controversial "doom rampage" did that.

it turns you into a baron and you fight marines...

Don't play it, though.

There was something called "SpiceZDOOM" that allowed you to play any of the different monsters with ZDOOM, but I haven't heard of the project in a couple years.

I believe there was a project called DEiM(?) that was in the works that allowed you to play as an imp.

Doom Rampage Edition isn't that good to me. It's not the unlimited ammo, it's the fact that your health is always too high and enemies drop health when they die (most of them anyways).

CacodemonLeader said:

I believe there was a project called DEiM(?) that was in the works that allowed you to play as an imp.

Doom Rampage Edition isn't that good to me. It's not the unlimited ammo, it's the fact that your health is always too high and enemies drop health when they die (most of them anyways).

No way! Someone that doesn't like DRE?

Things like the attacks and marines should be done soon, but the mapping, story writing, and voice acting will take a while. I have no idea on a date. But the whole HUD system is done.

Marty Razor Kirra said:

No way! Someone that doesn't like DRE?

Actually, I kind of liked it. All it needed was some health balancing (not have health at like 999% all the time) and it would be much better.

eb: what demon are you then? looks pretty cool with the different attacks, interested to know your thinking behind it being blue fireballs, will keep an eye on this project

as for DRE, i liked to concept too, just quite poorly executed. i still reckon there's space for you being a baron (or maybe just hell night) with a little more imagination put into the attacks (e.g. semi bfg type attack unleashes one big fat slimeball, but infrequently. these ideas have been extensively thrown around elsewhere, however) but yeah the health really was silly

being a pinky demon might be interesting but wouldnt you just be limited to just the chomp attacks?

as a side note when i first heard about DRE i thought, for some reason, it meant rampage as in http://www.lemon64.com/reviews/view.php?id=96