Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-_DLD_-

Top 10 Maps?

Nuxius said:

You're probably not going to like zDoom very much, DLD. I noticed you said "Legacy is so pixilated I nearly go blind", well, zDoom is the same way.

You should try both Risen3D and GZDoom.

Risen3D is based off of Doomsday, so a lot of the stuff is the same (it doesn't use Kickstart though). However, it has been improved over Doomsday in that it displays the majority of the stuff in levels like Eternal Doom correctly. It can also play stuff like Phobos Anomaly Reborn and Scythe 2 map 20, which the current version of Doomsday can't.

GZDoom is great because not only does it allow to play the maps I've listed, but it's the only source port that would allow you to play just about every map listed in this thread so far.

If you want something for watching demos, then glBoom is the best choice, since Boom is what most demos are recorded in.

Risen3D, eh? I guess I'll try that. As for my pixilation complaints, I'm just too spoilt with Doomsday and its godly smoothness. Now to find it. *checks Source Port Sticky*

Gee, there are many. I can only list a few.

1. Plutonia MAP18
2. Doom2 MAP14
3. Ultimate Doom E4M6
4. Master Levels VESPERAS.WAD
5. Scythe2 MAP27
6. TNT Evilution MAP29
7. Plutonia MAP22
8. Ultimate Doom E1M6
9. Doom2 MAP15
10. Memento Mori2 MAP22

I just started playing CC1. Whoever made that Police Station level is incredible. I loved it...it was just so real and so well-done.

My list will be updated soon.

The first CC's levels (so far) are so much better than anything DooM ][ has to offer.

I'm too lazy to think of 10 maps so I'll just mention one: grove.wad. Its not very playable but it has alot of atmosphere. I'm creating a 5 map sequel for it for zdoom since I like the atmosphere so much.

1. Doom 2 MAP14 The Inmost Dens
2. Ruma (by Espi, it's sooooo good)
3. Requiem Map13 Town of the Dead
4. Cyberdreams MAP29 The Way to God's Manna (I think, you know the one, I did a tribute to it once, might be 31, I can't remember.)
5. Dark 7 MAP03 Cargo Railway (who was first to do a moving train map? I wonder!)
6. TNT Evilution MAP16 Deepest Reaches
7. Castle of the Eternal Carrot in the Sky (coecits.wad if you want to download)
8. Grove
9. Doom Ressurection MAP03 Sewer Side
10. E3M2 Slough of Despair

Let's see, you need Zdoom for 5 and 10. If you had asked for my favorite wads, they would probably mostly be zdoom, interestingly enough.

#9 doesn't really belong on my list but I couldn't think of anything else.

Interesting choices...but why Inmost Dens for your favourite map? I don't like it that much.

I haven't played much maps outside from TeamTNT's ones to make a fair Top10, but my favorite maps are time trip ones, like Evilution map04, Eternal Doom map 05 and 23. If you know maps like them, let me know :)

My Source Port won't let me play Eternal DooM properly, so I haven't gotten far in it.

Wormhole was a very very unique and weird level.

-_DLD_- said:

My Source Port won't let me play Eternal DooM properly, so I haven't gotten far in it.

Wormhole was a very very unique and weird level.

Yeah. Gotta love the deja-vu/mirrored level effect.

I liked Steel Works, myself.

Steel Works? I forget that level.

I liked Habitat (I think that's what it was)...it was just kinda cool for some reason.