Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[KDiZD] Community Information Thread

Concerning the "Skeletal/Zombie Imp", it's the new Soul Harvester and if you see it in Action, you will love it, believe me ;) Vader did that one as many other new monsters (just like the Satyr, the new Chaingunner, new Dark Imp Variants and many more!)

Concerning the "New Super Shotgun", well, we had to recreate the original SSG because of those Copyright issues wie debated some months ago when we were talking to id-Software staff members (that's also why some of the original Doom2 stuff had to be redone for KDiZD, because the base must be Doom1 because of the DOOM1 maps!). The SSG (and Grenade Launcher) was made by NMN and actually we were very pleased with it but as it looks now, it isn't that good at all...if someone thinks he can help us with a better one, feel free to do so ;)

AgentSpork said:

Wow, that SSG looks awful. Not only does it not fit in AT ALL with the other weapons, but it's just plain ugly. Why not just use Doom 2's SSG graphics? Those actually, you know.. look good.

Copyright issues. Due to the nature of the levels we cannot use any resources from Doom2. To avoid problems this must adhere to the exact wording of Doom's original license.

EDIT: too late. ;)

Oh wow this project looks sweet. Will you be able to zoom in and out with the rifle that you made like a Sniper Rifle? Also wondering for mouse look if head shots will be a big thing here or it's just anywhere doesn't matter still?

Nightmare Doom said:

I wonder if you can release a KDIZD monster resource wad so we can use the monsters in Doom 2 wads.

Not before we release KDiZD! But maybe later... someone already volunteered to add some of them to the MRP from ZDoom.org

DarkFoxSoldier20 said:

Oh wow this project looks sweet. Will you be able to zoom in and out with the rifle that you made like a Sniper Rifle? Also wondering for mouse look if head shots will be a big thing here or it's just anywhere doesn't matter still?

No zooming, no headshots! The "Rifle" is something like an assault rifle, very strong, but beware: It's a secret weapon!

I can see how "copyright issues" secretly restricts freedom of creativity.

Once KDIZD is released I'm gonna put back alot of Doom 2 monsters in KDIZD with Doom builder.

Most probably it's late for this, and/or stupid, but why don't to upload the wad without the DOOM 2 graphics, and then also upload an installer that insert the needed sprites/flats from the user's DOOM 2 copy to the KDiZD wad?

Vegeta said:

Most probably it's late for this, and/or stupid, but why don't to upload the wad without the DOOM 2 graphics, and then also upload an installer that insert the needed sprites/flats from the user's DOOM 2 copy to the KDiZD wad?

What about those that only have Doom 1, and don't have the money/resources to get Doom 2?

WildWeasel said:

What about those that only have Doom 1, and don't have the money/resources to get Doom 2?

You may not have Final DOOM, or Master Levels, but DOOM 2.. come on. If you are interesed in DOOM mods after these years, you surely have DOOM 2. Still, new sprites from scratch it's cooler.

Okay, some news for today concerning the last days of KDiZD developement :) The TITLEMAP is finally done, E1M1 and E1M2 are bugfree and completely finished (except COOP support but that isn't going to be that hard for both maps) and many other problems and glitches have been solved concerning resources and stuff :) We are getting closer! :)

Are you finished completely ruining the parts I made? I have half a mind to demand that you delete them altogether, but its not like you'll ever release this anyway.

Vile1011 said:

Are you finished completely ruining the parts I made? I have half a mind to demand that you delete them altogether, but its not like you'll ever release this anyway.

What did they change that ruined what you did? Tormentor's account seems to be suspended so I don't see any images...

Vile1011 said:

Being responsible of the destruction I feel I need to answer: indeed.
That destruction was removing of Your artistic misaligments. Not a SINGLE texture was aligned in Your areas.

As for deletion-I no longer am a part of the dev team, so I can't promise anything. Sorry.

Nmn said:

Being responsible of the destruction I feel I need to answer: indeed.
That destruction was removing of Your artistic misaligments. Not a SINGLE texture was aligned in Your areas.

As for deletion-I no longer am a part of the dev team, so I can't promise anything. Sorry.

Yes, Nmn, I made a post entirely because you aligned my textures. Damn you, texture alignment man, damn you to hell!

Vile1011 said:

Yes, Nmn, I made a post entirely because you aligned my textures. Damn you, texture alignment man, damn you to hell!

You're welcome ^^

I don't know you, but me wants to play this mod. I'm lucky that most probably it'll be released when I'll enter in summer vacations, or close :-)

Bastet Furry said:

@Graf Zahl:
Would you tell us the size of the script lump? Just curious if we can exept heavy scripting.

E1M1: 7029 bytes
E1M2: 4552 bytes
E1M3: 14572 bytes
E1M4: 10279 bytes

I wouldn't call this 'heavy' scripting. This is not supposed to be RTC-3057 or Daedalus.

Those screenshots were nice... still looking forward to it. Keep up the good work. :)