Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

My WAD Illuminator was rejected for the following reason:
Rejected: illuminator.txt because No long filenames or filenames with spaces. Read the instructions

Where as the instructions state none of the following will be accepted:

Warez copies of any Doom engine game.
Junk in ZIP or EXE files.
Uploads with no text file included.
Anything NOT related to any Doom engine games (like a modification for Quake 3).
Any SLIGE levels.
WADs with stolen resources (though this may slip through; if someone complains, it may be taken down).
MP3s in WADs, unless it can be verified that the creation is original, and ideally is intended for the specific WAD file.
Sound clips of Disney, Beavis and Butthead, etc.
Unmodified parts of any IWAD.
"Demo" WADs that are not playable in their own right (other than editing examples).
Modified levels (from id Software).
Trademarked or copyrighted symbols.
Files over 50MB in size.
Any other questionable things.

My filename wasn't too long nor did it have spaces in it. Is there a character limit or something?

Thanks,
SlatheDoomer

There is a character limit, for future reference - I believe it's for cross-platform compatibility reasons. Use the 8.3 format (eight characters, then a three character extension).

Wed Oct 5 13:52:50 EDT 2005 Rejected: illuminator.txt because No long filenames or filenames with spaces. Read the instructions.
Wed Oct 5 13:52:50 EDT 2005 Rejected: illuminator.zip because No long filenames or filenames with spaces. Read the instructions.