Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sitters

DoomDragon an new level

Thanks,

Yea I try to create the feeling of the
moon_dragon level of unreal. I did like that very much.

But an lot of modeling to create the same look with low poly models, max 1000 poly's an model.
So the speed stays OK.

And this level is going to be in combination with tech.

Greetings.

The glowing crystals/cave theme also reminded me of some of the levels in "Thief".

Hmmm... A Sitters "Thief" themed mod, now that's something I'd like to see.

Enjay said:

The glowing crystals/cave theme also reminded me of some of the levels in "Thief".

Hmmm... A Sitters "Thief" themed mod, now that's something I'd like to see.

I don't know the game Thief, but i shall look, if I can download an demo or something.

regards,
Willem

sitters said:

i shall look, if I can download an demo or something.

I think these links are live...

http://www.thief-thecircle.com/media/demos/

IIRC, the "Baffords" and Thief2 demos were particularly good.

Thief is a game that totally sucked me in. It's play is very different to normal FPS games. Rushing in and trying to attack will get you killed every time. The whole point, most of the time, is to keep to the shadows and completely avoid detection by the NPCs. As a result, the gameplay is not to everyone's taste, and it does take a bit of getting used to. However, once it had me, I was totally sucked in. I know it sounds dull, but I've spent 10 minutes of more hiding in a dark corner of a room (in the game) scared to move any of the controls, almost scared to breathe, in case the guard in the room who was searching for me would spot my movement.

IMO, Thief2 dropped some of the annoyances of Thief1 and did a good job of taking the game further - but both games are good. Thief3 is a newer game - part of the same series - but a lot of what characterised Thief1-2 for me is missing or altered.

Doom AI simply can't do what Thief does, but the look of the game is very nice, very unusual and very characteristic.

Unfortunately, it can be quite difficult to get running on a modern XP machine. There are issues with drivers, detection of disc space and so on. There is help at the "Through the looking Glass" forums that usually manages to get most people going if you want to persevere.

I have played thief 1, and I must say that it is fun. I had some problem running the game, but figured out that it is running on 1 CPU and not two.

The AI is fun, it is the up side down world of doom. Not attack but keep it cool and sneaky.

To make the same environment is no problem, but the AI is not possible.

But maybe an nice idea for the next level.:))

Willem

Yeah, unfortunately the Doom AI falls way short of what is needed to emulate Thief-like gameplay in Doom.

A few years ago I had it in mind that I could perhaps use a cunning reject table to make dark areas for the player to hide in. However, the Doom AI, even with a bit of ACS tweaking was in no way convincing as enemies searching for you, then giving up. The way they mill around just doesn't give the same impression as the searching guards in Thief. So, anyway, I gave up entirely on that and made a level with normal Doom gameplay, but with a Thiefy sort of atmosphere. It's a bit old now, and I'm not even sure if it works in modern Zdooms (I know that some of the dehacked key messages have defaulted back to normal under GZdoom) but if you're interested:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=11107

[edit]Heh, on reading the comments, you've already played it. Glad you liked it. :) [/edit]

I just wanted to say something. To be honest, I've played to of your maps, and while the architecture was gorgeous, the game play had problems. In one, there were hard to avoid traps of death with no warning signs. And most of the time the monster/ammo count is insanely disproportionate even on easier settings. I don't mean to be an ass, but that's JMO.

Ringman said:

I just wanted to say something. To be honest, I've played to of your maps, and while the architecture was gorgeous, the game play had problems. In one, there were hard to avoid traps of death with no warning signs. And most of the time the monster/ammo count is insanely disproportionate even on easier settings. I don't mean to be an ass, but that's JMO.

We are working on the game-play, and it is going to be much better.

In the next release of Risen3D we have scripting.:)

Greetings.
Willem

You have some of the most awesome looking levels I've ever seen, and I don't mean in just Doom.

Tango said:

You have some of the most awesome looking levels I've ever seen, and I don't mean in just Doom.

Thanks,

I am still rebuilding and reshaping the models for DoomDragon.
I want to make this level look great, maybe better as Strike Back.:)

Greetings

DumbSCRIPTguy said:

The map design is very nice, like all of your other maps. (cant wait to play this!!!)

Thanks DumbSCRIPTguy,

It can take an while, before the release.

First Strike back is releasing, when the new scripting is done.

And for DoomDragon I also make new mechanical, and cyborg monsters, and that is an lot of work.;)

Greetings,
willlem

sitters said:

And for DoomDragon I also make new mechanical, and cyborg monsters, and that is an lot of work.;)

Sounds interesting :) do you have screens from them.
Your map looks like its an chinese house with an secret lab underneith it, is there an story too.

dutch devil said:

Sounds interesting :) do you have screens from them.
Your map looks like its an chinese house with an secret lab underneith it, is there an story too.

Yea I have an screenshot from some new monsters, but it is premature.

Still must skin and animates the stuff.

http://www.sitters-electronics.nl/screenshots/monsters.jpg

And yes there is an story, it is not an Chinese house but an Japanese.

It is an secret community that find an mineral in the mountain, that can be used for producing antimatter.

They have already a lot of antimatter rockets for starting an war. And taking over the power of the world.

You know what your assignment is. :)

so you have the upstairs, the mining fields, the labs, the rocket silos etc.

Greetings.

That link to your monsters picture doesn't work.

Also, it's not necessary for you to write "greetings" after every end of your posts. Thats's what the signatures are for :p.

Lizardcommando said:

That link to your monsters picture doesn't work.

Also, it's not necessary for you to write "greetings" after every end of your posts. Thats's what the signatures are for :p.

I repair the link, but the models must still be skinned.
I know where the signatures are for. ;)

bryant robinson said:

Your maps look so stunning that I may start mapping for risen!

Thanks, if you need models, i can make them for you. :)