Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Don't know when it will be done... a friend is currently working on the sprites for the enemies; we're looking for realism, and perhaps may re-create Wolfendoom to a higher standard for the 21st Century.

Comparing the people outside the building and what a player/zombie would measure up against outside the building in the map. I'd say it's pretty good on scale.

The scale seems alright, but it does need a bit of trim up top.

Is it going to be a playable map (with enemies) or more about a viewing pleasure?

Oh an BTW looks great, I suggest you to look at the first maps of the Ghost Busters DOOM 2 mod for ideas.

Talking about GBD2 Scuba I remember the unfinished giant statue map, did you though about adding a scaled up sprite?

Ichor said:

The scale seems alright, but it does need a bit of trim up top.

Well I don't think so... just take a look at the stairs and compare the screenshot and the photo!

There needs to be some more space towards the top, like the trim shown in the picture above. The windows seem to end right at the edge of the sky.
Just extend the window texture up about 32 and give about 32-64 units worth of trim.

Vegeta said:

Is it going to be a playable map (with enemies) or more about a viewing pleasure?

Oh an BTW looks great, I suggest you to look at the first maps of the Ghost Busters DOOM 2 mod for ideas.

Talking about GBD2 Scuba I remember the unfinished giant statue map, did you though about adding a scaled up sprite?

Yes, it's going to be a playable map with enemies... but also with viewing pleasure ;)

Thanks for the advice, I'm downloading GBD as I speak.

EarthQuake said:

There needs to be some more space towards the top, like the trim shown in the picture above. The windows seem to end right at the edge of the sky.
Just extend the window texture up about 32 and give about 32-64 units worth of trim.

Of course, and I may even lower the ceailing around the windows down by 8 to represent the roof. The texture for the windows themselves need some work on them anyway.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and kind comments! I'm currently watching 'Downfall' & 'The Bunker' for ideas with regards to interior textures. If anyone can find any good, colour photos of the interior I would be very thankfull.

Look out there are two Ghost Busters mods, the one I'm talking about is pointed in Scuba Steve's profile

Frederick the Great said:

Yes, it's going to be a playable map with enemies... but also with viewing pleasure ;)

So, are you going to rebuild other parts of Berlin?

Ok... TOTAL noob question... but I can't seem to take a screenshot in Doom anymore. The colours go all fucked; this used to be a problem I only ever had with Windows Doom, but i used to get around it by doing screenshots in Zdoom and legacy... but the error is happening with both of these too also... please help someone. I've got a lovely screenshot with some of the ideas mentioned that i want to show.

Tormentor667 said:

So, are you going to rebuild other parts of Berlin?

Currently looking at Brandenburg Gate for inspiration ;)

I want to make a ten level TC based on the original Wolfenstein episode 'Die Fuhrer die', but a little more mature. I've got a copy of the original Fuhrer Bunker map, which is very accesable to put into doom.

The Bunker itself is in the Reich Chancellory Gardens, and I'm wondering now if I should perhaps split up Chancellory into perhaps two levels, with the Bunker being a third one also.

Ok... TOTAL noob question... but I can't seem to take a screenshot in Doom anymore. The colours go all fucked; this used to be a problem I only ever had with Windows Doom, but i used to get around it by doing screenshots in Zdoom and legacy... but the error is happening with both of these too also... please help someone. I've got a lovely screenshot with some of the ideas mentioned that i want to show.

It shouldn't happen with zdoom and legacy, so I'm not sure whats happening there. What I do with 'printscreen' doom screenshots though, is load them up in a decent paint program (PSP for me), and apply the doom palette to them using 'maintain indexes'.

Sadly I cannot take the intended screenshot, so you'll have to make do with one from Build.

As you can see I've improved the windows, making them more authentic with the original Reich Chancellory. You'll also notice that I've improved the top of the Chancellory by including 'roofing', which you can note on the photograph of the original in this thread.

I think I'm going to have to make the Chancellory look a little more war torn... what do you think?

Nah, what you should do is this : make the first map you going fighting deep into the building then into the bunker. Then make the second map The Bunker where you go in and kill Hitler, then fight your way back out, then make the third map the destroyed chancellory.

BBG said:

make the first map you going fighting deep into the building then into the bunker. Then make the second map The Bunker where you go in and kill Hitler, then fight your way back out, then make the third map the destroyed chancellory.

That sounds like a plan.

Oh, BTW, I was wondering how accurate the colour of your building is compared to the original seeing as how I've only seen B/W pics of the real thing.