Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SSmutz

Zeldoom

I keep reading about Zeldoom (Zelda mod for doom) on a lot of websites, but all the links to the Zeldoom website and/or download are broken. Does anyone know where I can find Zeldoom?

I have it on CD, but you ain't missing a thing, well actually you are. You are missing a chance to really really DROOL over something that could have been, but was never completed. Zelda DOOM starts out on the part where you drop into the hole in Zelda 3 on the SNES, and enter the castle through the underground halls. If I recall right, you run into the guy who's house you woke up at on the SNES, and he gives you a shield or something. After that you fight one of the knights, and that is that. The hallway does not lead to anything, it is just a dead end. This is a TC that FULLY deserved to be completed, but was sadly neglected, and even more sadly never picked up by anyone else. Personally I would LOVE to take a stab at it, but I do not feel that my GFX drawing capabilities would even come near the quality that I saw in Zelda DOOM, I'd rather leave that up to someone else.

Um... yea... I already know that stuff. I need to know if there's any place that still has it for download.

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/xdelusion/

There ya go, it is at the bottom of the linkz list. What ya got in mind? Just checking it out?

Hmm... those sprites look like someone took images from a 3D model... that shouldn't be too hard for someone else to do. The rest of the textures look like they were ripped from the game and cleaned up (for the floor), and maybe twisted around a bit for the walls. Using a source port that would let you use hubs and mutiple floors, a mod like this would turn out very well. The only question is who would be interrested in working on it?

I'd be interested in working on a Legacy version, but at the moment, I am not even working from my own computer, and am working too many hours trying to get my own place and computer, maybe down the road in a month or so...

Of course I am sure everyone else would rather get this puppy working for ZDOOM. :/ Hell I can't even load GLZDOOM without it freezing up on this GForce 2. :/ I need my own PC fast!

Its kind of incredible how this project never will die, people keep picking it up. I was part of the original team for a while, under DooMWiz as a DeHackEd editor and coder for an installation routine using compiled BASIC :->

I still have the original resources on a zip disk, that's where Ralphis got them from, me. :) I don't know what if anything he actually added.

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/xdelusion/

There ya go, it is at the bottom of the linkz list. What ya got in mind? Just checking it out?

Hm, too bad that rar file is currupt.

Doesn't anyone have the real zeldoom wad?

The link isn't corrupt. It worked for me just fine. WHat didn't work though was trying to use it with plutonia and zdoom. I'm not sure which one it didn't like, but since my Doom2 CD was stolen I can't really get either Doom2.wad or .exe to test it with. I guess I'll just have to save up for Collectors Doom.

I'm not talking about the link. The file itself won't extract.

! C:\Documents and Settings\Samuel\My Documents\ZeldaDoom.rar: CRC failed in ZeldaDoom\ZelDoom.wad. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Samuel\My Documents\ZeldaDoom.rar: Unexpected end of archive

I did an addon to the original zeldoom and I have it on a cd somewhere. It was an older version than what I released.