Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coold00d

Help Wanted With my new mod

This project looks amazing. And I say this because he actually pulled off something to amaze me with how horrible it is.

HOW CAN YOU JUDGE SOMTHING YOU HAVENT SEEN!
FOR THE LAST FRIGGIN TIME
THEM SCREEN SHOTS ARE NOT THE GAME
I HAVENT TAKEN ANY SCREEN SHOTS, BECUASE THERE IS NOTHING TO TAKE PICS OFF!
I NEED HELP, I NEED LEVELS,! SO I CAN MAKE SCREENSHOTS

If these aren't screenshots of your mod, then....

coold00d, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

You you have proven to be worth of it.

Vegeta said:

If these aren't screenshots of your mod, then....

coold00d, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

You you have proven to be worth of it.

Too late, I've already said that.

And he protected himself showing.. screenshots of his mod. How convenient.
coold00d, I think your nick should be more appropriate for you by replacing the first "d" with an "n" and the second with a "b".

dutch devil said:

Uhm then make some levels its not that hard.

But making decent ones are for alot of people.

Coold00d: No shouting please. Any more posts all in upper case will be deleted on sight.

Another thing: there's no need to press the return key mid-sentence or just because you've reached the right-hand side of the text window. Just keep typing and let word wrap do its thing. That will help make your posts look a little less retarded.

ok listen
first what do you mean by n00b?
n00b to doom? no iam not a n00b to edge, iam a n00b to editing with edge tho,
and iam not no where near a n00b to Doom,
if been playing that game since it came out, heh
any way, listen
the enemies are not in the game
its just showing off me playing in the levels i have so far, i couldnt just take screenies without any thing there, just to give you an idea of what it would be like,
also, i have showed you somthing, my mario1.zip? i posted that to show what ive done so far [il add the levels to if you like?]
also i would make some levels my self only i suck! slime trails and
loads of other mistakes
i cant even program teleport, add doors,
or anything, i tried once, and it realy was shit. im just not a mapper thats why i need a mapper for the project, also
i deffently cant make peaches castle, thats one of the reasons i came here
to ask if any one could help heh.
[edit/] the reason for the enters is because wireless keyboard doesnt let you go back on mistakes without you retyping the hole thing again, [edit]

You seem to have a confusion between newby and n00b.

Newby: Someone who has recently started with a game or something, and is exploring for the first time/s. Admits his lack of knowledge because of his limited experience. They are welcome in the comunity, as he represent a potential partner.

n00b: Someone who usualy is playing/doing something from long time ago, but it doesn't matter how much experience he have, he never looks serious, and fall in all kind of errors (much more grotesque than these of the newby), and bizarre things. He consider himself particulary clever, but everyone else think his a retard. He use to have poor typing skills too.

o.O
i use to type better,but all my friends went on a kids chat room called ''Habbo'' in jan 2001 - 2003 and it fucked my grammer up, whoopsie!, also the wireless keyboard sometimes enters without you pressing it, if you relise the spaces i have to put "," in to stop it,
and ''CoolD00d'' was my first nickname on the pc on the old halflife chat back in 2000, when i was young to the internet,
ive used it ever since

oh also iam only 14 to, so that could also be somthing?

Coold00d said:

if been playing that game since it came out

Coold00d said:

oh also iam only 14

First time I heard about a baby playing DOOM

Vegeta said:

you don't need 3d floors, not even light variation,

Mario without floor atop of floor? are you mad

yes i was a baby playing doom sharware, and many other games like wolf that my dad use to put on for me on dos, heh

Hello Coold00d,

Coold00d said:

i cant even program teleport, add doors,
or anything, i tried once, and it realy was shit.

You should use an good editor and inform yourself about how to create a first level… I recommend checking out “Doom Builder” (for free) or “DeePsea” (not for free), because it is very easy to create sectors with it and the FAQ there is perfect too.

Coold00d said:

im just not a mapper thats why i need a mapper for the project, also
i deffently cant make peaches castle, thats one of the reasons i came here to ask if any one could help heh.

If you really think in that way, then you can only wait until one Mario-Doom fan comes around here some day and creates a thread about it, because people won’t do that stuff for you (unless you pay them with money), because it is too much work to do… this mapper really needs to be an extreme freak.

hey i got builder,deepsea,wadauther on my pc and the crappy XWE leveleditor [sorry]
but im just not into mapping

Coold00d said:

hey i got builder,deepsea,wadauther on my pc and the crappy XWE leveleditor [sorry]
but im just not into mapping

then why the hell do you have those on your comp? delete them from your HD if you don't map! useless to you they are!

Coold00d said:

and the crappy XWE leveleditor [sorry]

Crappy?? nah its an good program I use it just as much as doombuilder you can learn making maps you know.
Start out simple focus on one thing at a time im pretty sure you can make simple maps within a week.

yes ive got them on my pc, aswell as other dooming soft.ware
also
i use them to tweak and add stuff into
maps that are in my wad/people make for me
like add new txtures/enemies and easy stuff like that heh, just patching up the old stuff,and decorating with scenery

I sense another EBDOOM...

Though i think EBdoom does at least have a semi-decent idea, the way it is done looks like a complete mess. A better way to do it would be to have your character from Earthbound (whatever that is) coming back home after a hard day saving the world (if thats what happens in Earthbound) and then somehow falling into a dimensional portal and ending up in Hell, and then after questing through hell going to the worlds of Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem, Shadow warrior and whatever else and fighting the creatures from those, but as it stands having all the bad guys from those games all mashed together in some rather shoddy levels (if we are to be honest) is just silly.

Well thats a huge rant that isnt even about THIS project...

ok, i already said at least 5 times
them enemies in screenshots are just tests! messabouts! etc!
there not in the game atall!!
last thing,
if i did use them i could have the player [mario as hes the most popular gaming hero] lost inside the world of game going from icon of sin [doom] to mushroomkingdom [mario] to scrabonia temple [oddworld] to onnett or whateva from earthbound fighting all the creatures, it could be like a joke, but thats not realy what i want, i want a sort of mario, rpg theme to this game, not dukenukem or doom hellish theme heh

#1 you don't have to write your replies/threads like you're writing a free-verse poem.
#2 NO. This is not a good idea. Sorry buddy, but from what you have there and what you said you're going to have, this is not going to work very well. Super Mario Bros was a platformer, requiring good eye/hand coordination and quick reflexs. The player had to do a lot of jumping, dodging, etc. What you're making is another generic Doom wad, only with some mario sprites. A simple shoot-em-up.

#3 it's camouflage, not cammerfladge.

#4 If you're not into mapping, then maybe you shouldn't edit at all. Sounds more to me like you just want other people to do this for you.

#5 XWE is NOT crappy. Just because it's "to kawmplikayted!!!! D: D: D:" for people like you doesn't mean it's bad.

deathbringer said:

I sense another EBDOOM...

Though i think EBdoom does at least have a semi-decent idea, the way it is done looks like a complete mess. A better way to do it would be to have your character from Earthbound (whatever that is) coming back home after a hard day saving the world (if thats what happens in Earthbound) and then somehow falling into a dimensional portal and ending up in Hell, and then after questing through hell going to the worlds of Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem, Shadow warrior and whatever else and fighting the creatures from those, but as it stands having all the bad guys from those games all mashed together in some rather shoddy levels (if we are to be honest) is just silly.

Well thats a huge rant that isnt even about THIS project...

I did not like the idea of earthbound characters in doom. They don't mix. (In my opinion)

no i dont want other people to do it for me, i would like to form a group, making it, i need editor [me] mapper [no 1] and maybe a spriter, and sound ripper i could just make and throw abunch of my shitty attempts of maps, together into a mod, and add my own scripting into the game and make mario stuff into the game and just add to the shitty maps, but that would just be silly right? i could do that, but i came here to find a good mapper to help me out!

....and...noone wants too, seriously, I bet if you stop acting like a MAJOR n00b and start trying to map/map BETTER, THEN maybe...in like 10 years, people might help you. But, that dosen't seem likely I guess.

I stopped doing that after I realized how crappy your projects really were.
Demonic Lair and Submerged are VERY high priorities on my list now.

Oh. My. God.

Now, I don't visit here very often {*shrugs*} but this is ludicrous.
Coold00d, I can't believe this. You got flamed like hell at ZDoom for the same project, so you come here hoping this'll end out better? well, Newsflash; sorry to break it to you, but crap is crap, no matter where it is.

I did tell you this idea wouldn't end out too well...your Hexen Project at least had a good chance of surviving and ending out decent.

And to think I supported you. -_-

Allow me to explain quite a lot of things;

one; Mario doesn't mix with Doom. That's mixing Fire and Oil. It won't work and it'll be very harmful to the idiot who did it.

two; you can't get people to help you unless you have something decent to show. note the word decent. that doesn't mean random monsters in doom. Anybody who looks up Decorate can do that. No. You need something that's actually rather impressive to get help in this community. Releasing something decent into the community for everyone to enjoy that has a high rating helps a lot too.

three; stop making excuses on why you can't map. The issue is you're not putting enough effort into trying to learn it.

four; anybody can get an editor for a project. It helps a lot more if the person starting the project has a lot of resources already and can map themselves, and simply would like more members to be able to get even more goodies into it.

five; your excuse for not being able to type appropriately is bullshit. You wouldn't write an essay for school like that. You're just not taking the freaking time to write it properly. Stop being lazy.

six; you can't expect people to help you off the bat anyway. that's NOT how the real world works. The issue is that you can't see how the real world really works. There's nobody to look after you in it, there's nobody to take care of you in it, nope. none of that. You gotta do things yourself if you want them done. THAT is the real world.

Now, i'm done ranting.