Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

So what are we looking forward to this year?

In wads anyway.

-Kdizd (finally heh)
-CIF3 (this came out of nowhere, espicially being a megawad I had no idea!)

And that's all I can think of. I feel like this year is somehow lacking megawads like we had last year and the year before (scythe 2, kamasutra, hellcore, etc). I know I dont do anything and I feel bad but I'm just wondering what all the current megaprojects are (besides mordeth!)

oh, and happy 2nd birthday Action Doom!

BlackFish said:

I feel like this year is somehow lacking megawads

There are some very good 2006-megawads outside: Phobia and NeoDoom
Furthermore, there are numerous single level wads, so I think this is just another very good year of Doom and the year isn’t over yet :D! I just wait until another masterpiece comes out.

Stay tuned for Community Chest 3. Can't say it will be out this year. But ya never know.. ;)

Why do they have to be megawads?

There are loads of TC and PC projects I'm watching out for...

Carnage Galore 3: Presage of Fury - Hub#3

How about that?
Oh and of course, I almost forgot...

X-DOOM (No, not the French one hosted on Newdoom. It's a totally different one)

I'm looking forward to anything in the vein of Deus Vult, Punisher and Scythe 2.

Most likely this Year
Foreverhood
KDiZD
Doom Beyond
Ultimate Torment and Torture
Lonely Meadows
Void 2
Tremor 2
Doom Jr 2
Phocas Island 2
Community is Falling 3
ZD3K

Not likely this Year
Millennium
Raynor's Tale
RTC-3057
Mount Erebus
"RainyBase"
Anything by B.P.R.D.

Jesus will be here before they are released
Mordeth
Massmouth 3
Action Doom 2

CIF3, and the inevitable CIF4 after KDIZD is released.

And Boom CTF. Once I get around to finishing it.

I am looking forward to Claustrophobia 2 though Virgil hasn't updated his page since 2005 I'm hoping he's still working on this. Also looking forward to anything new from Tormentor667, and Cyber. Since I heard Void 2 I'm looking forward to that as I enjoyed Void 1. Also haven't heard anything lately but I'm hoping Captain Mancubus 2 is being worked on and another Zdoom community project wad oh last but not least Doom: The Cyberdemon Army haven't heard much about this lately and finally Realm of the Green Soul 2

doomedwarrior1981 said:

Realm of the Green Soul 2

Not gonna happen. AFAIK Lexus quit Doom editing.

Belial said:

Not gonna happen. AFAIK Lexus quit Doom editing.

This is actually one of the worst moments in the community :( I played a beta from Lexus' some months ago when he still was working on that and it was AWESOME, much better than the original.. sad that this will never see the light of day :(

Scuba Steve said:

Most likely this Year
Foreverhood
KDiZD
Doom Beyond
Void 2
Tremor 2
Doom Jr 2
Phocas Island 2
Community is Falling 3
ZD3K

Not likely this Year
Millennium
Raynor's Tale
RTC-3057
Mount Erebus
"RainyBase"
Anything by B.P.R.D.

Jesus will be here before they are released
Mordeth
Massmouth 3
Action Doom 2

I think you need to move RTC-3057 down a column. Shinova or whatever his name is hasn't updated in years. :O

I'm deffinately looking foward to Foreverhood. The screen shots for it blow me away every time I look at them.

You guys are forgetting one though...
My sequel to wow! Sporting several new weapons, monsters, it will forever change how you see GZDoom.

Thats not a version of the infamous "illusio-pit" wow.wad but with 3D floors and new weapons is it?

Dont forget that (haha) Millenium will be out this year because (haha) DNF is also out this year. Unless LUT updates the release date to "Before Mordeth" in which case he will have a bit longer

Craigs said:

I think you need to move RTC-3057 down a column. Shinova or whatever his name is hasn't updated in years. :O

It's spelled M-A-O-N-T-H.

Julian Hope said:

It's spelled M-A-O-N-T-H.

You could also say shaved dane :P

Yes Tormentor its sad hopefully Lexus will return afterall others have said I will no longer map for doom and then I hear later well couldn't stay away so you never know

You can add BUCKETDM.WAD to that list. 32 levels of oldschool DM goodness! (Yes it will be done before 2007 even if it kills me)

I'm on vacation at Disney World all next week, so there'll be plenty of time for updates.

Kdizd and Cif3 are probably the ones I'm waiting the most, yet I'm very interesed in Stronghold (I hope it supports co-op), and also One Monster has my attention.

doomedwarrior1981 said:

Yes Tormentor its sad hopefully Lexus will return afterall others have said I will no longer map for doom and then I hear later well couldn't stay away so you never know

Are all your punctuation keys gone?

I vaguely remember Tormentor667 saying something about how he likes to use zdoom to do things in doom that hasn't been done before or something like that so... I look forward to whatever he is working on.

Just sticking to what hasn't been mentioned in this thread already, I'd have to add the Doom 64 project by Steven Searle (yes, the one who did the awesome Zaero wad) and 'Fatal Disaster' by Dark Shadow.