Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Muscle Chris

anybody know? [d!zone2 cover pics]

yo, if anybody's got d!zone2, there 3 pics of a pretty sweet looking hell type level on the cover. i remember when i got this i wanted to find the level but i never could. anybody know which it is?

sorry if you don't have d!zone2, i dont have a scanner so i can't show the pics. but uh.. one was a red tar floor in a gray & yellow crackle-wall hallway with a zig-zag of nukage lighting the hall, one was a pillar of skulls in a green room and one was a lava path through a pit leading up to a big skull door.

Hrm... heh, you know, I've always wondered the same thing ever since I got that package over 10 years ago. I also remember going through most of the levels and not finding it. In fact, I wanted to play it so much, I ended up making my own level based on those screenshots :P

Of course, it grew to much larger proportions, and eventually became map29 in a megawad I never released. I couldn't get that nuke trail to work though; I was using WadEd and its crappy nodebuilder back then, and they kept messing up the level because of its "complex architecture", so my hallways are plain.

I don't really care to find the map anymore though. There's plenty better hell levels, and in retrospect, those screens you speak of look quite dull.

Anyway... I do have that D!Zone 2 box and a working scanner, so I could probably scan the pictures sometime.

HobbsTiger1 said:

They are called simulated screenshots for a reason.

These don't look very simulated to me:

Then again, I could be completely blind.

Also, they're probably not even the same level.

Muscle Chris said:

scan would be sweet, thx

Sure, you can repay me any time ^_______~

Muscle Chris said:

LOL you remade it? that's passion man. can i play it?

More like boredom.

It's not released, but if you were asking for the individual map... maybe.

I would like to finish the entire package eventually and release it as a retro maps collection, but, I haven't pulled that off in the last 5 years and the next 5 aren't looking promising either.

Muscle Chris said:

and what better levels do you suggest then?

For hell levels, Lutz's Inferno for starters.

You're best off using the search, just put in "good hell levels" or "good hell maps", you'll get a ton of results.

For good levels in general... I think the discussion's been done a couple hundred times, search again and also look here.

Lüt said:

[D!Zone image]

No they do not. However as I recall (might not be 100% spot on, shoot me) the 'makers' (Wizard Works) were not allowed to print actual screenshots of the levels they shoveled on as they did not own or hold any copyright to said level. Therefore simulated screenshots were used, of various likeness to doom itself. For instance, on the back of my D!Zone gold box they have that surrounding texture one sees when not viewing the full screen, however the screen material itself shows weapons never found in doom (or any other FPS I've played, and I've played most all from the DOS era) and what appears to be a GL renderer, whereas with your box those appear to be valid doom screens.

OK, my H!Zone box has simulated screenshots. I thought the sims started there, but I just checked and the D!Match box has sims too. Maybe they had to re-issue all the D!* boxes after the legalists attacked and we've got the originals.

Lüt said:

yea that's them

Sure, you can repay me any time ^_______~

WHAT?? LOL, fine

It's not released, but if you were asking for the individual map... maybe.

cool if its no problem either mail it to me xMuscleChris@yahoo.com or messengers AIM - x Muscle Chris or Yahoo xMuscleChris

For hell levels, Lutz's Inferno for starters.

cool, downloading

You're best off using the search, just put in "good hell levels" or "good hell maps", you'll get a ton of results.

k

For good levels in general... I think the discussion's been done a couple hundred times, search again and also look here. [/B]

nice, thx bro