Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
t.v.

Plutonia 2 dead or alive?!

Hi, I'm TV.

A long time ago I joined the Plutonia 2 project.
Unfortunately I haven`t heard anything from the project for over 2 years. The project`s leader; Metabolist doesn`t respond to my e-mails and his site hasn`t been updated since 2004.

So my question is: Are there any other members of the project on these forums, and do they know anything more?

The last thing I heard was that the project was in it`s final stages (testing phase), but that was 2 years ago.

I may be paranoid and I know it`s normal for doom projects to be postponed, but it seems to me it may be dead.

Some info would be appreciated.

I think it is dead. In any case, I've seen people using the maps they were dedicating to the project for other level sets of theirs.

I am a beta tester for Plutonia 2.

As far I know the project in *on hold* due to the inactivity of its current leader, Virgil.

Most of the maps are great but some needed to be revamped or even completely replaced. Virgil said that he was going to fix some of these maps, but we didnt hear from him for a long long time.

I know that Da_Maniac (also a beta tester) is still interested in this project. Let me talk with him to see what we can do.

When metabolist gave up the project and handed it to Virgil, we got the levels but with little information.

i emailed metabolist about 2 years ago or so
and he said he was gunna release in the next month after that heh

Yeah it's been a while we have those. I think I have the levels since early 2005.

Da_Maniac and me talk about it but we cannot do much without the leader saying anything, in this case Virgil The Doom Poet. He said he had some unreleased maps which would helpful, but he's been silent for almost 2 years now. His last message being that he had other projects to do 1st, plutonia 2 had to wait. So he is locking the whole project by not releasing the new maps he has.

I've been emailing Metabolist back when I contributed the levels. He emailed me back letting me know they need to be optimized for vanilla doom. Unfortuently that was the last message I got from him as the rest of my emails just get bounced back to me.

Thsnks for the replies guys.

I didn`t even known Metabolist handed the project over to Virgil.
Is Virgil active on these forums? If not I`ll e-mail him to ask what the status is.

@ Use3D:
Yes, I am and thanks :-)