Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

Is this list complete (commercial add-ons for classic DOOM, not designed by id)

The Lost Episodes of DOOM
D!Zone
D!Zone 2
D!Zone Gold
Demon Gate
Perdition's Gate
Hell 2 Pay
Hacx (just curious, did the in stores version included a printed manual? any scan of the cover and back art?)

There are a vast number of compilation CDs other than the D!Zone series. Others that spring to mind are Wads of Wads and Doom Heaven 1 & 2.

Thanks everyone. By "not designed by id" I meant "not designed and neither comercialized". I were curious if I were missing something special.

Vegeta said:

Hacx (just curious, did the in stores version included a printed manual? any scan of the cover and back art?)

There was no in stores version. It was sold via website and literally sold something in the neighborhood of 15 copies, according to Adam Williamson.

Uh that's a real pitty. Ok some of the maps are garbish, the lack of a real ending (end pic, boss, etc), quite ruin it all; but the sprites kick ass (with the exception of the woman, yet she isn't all that bad), some of the maps are nicely done, it's obvious the authors (at least some of them) put serious effort in it, no "collect wad and sell them", neither sell maps the authors already made and are available in the internet for free, and add a printed walkthrough with a cover art, well amazing cover art I have to admit.

It's ironic, probably the comercial add-ons with less effort from the authors (wad compilations and Lost Episodes of DOOM) had more sales than these that actualy have a consistent theme, and creative work (Hacx, and the two Wraith megawads).

It's another compilation of wads, the only unique thing is that it's "666 wads", that's it. You can see the cover at Google image search. Yeah that's it.
I read that id Software did legal moves to take it out the buisness.

Whats funny is that I found demon gate at least 4 years ago (in a store where they sell old games and software) and bought it for like a dollar. (This was before I knew about things like zdoom, and I was only 11.)

It came with an "Automatic wad-loading program" it was a pretty cheap program which gave you a list of the wads, where you could select one and launch it, the wads in the package were mostly 1994-95ish and were *******ely not the best quality, but some were memorable (for example Galaxia was in there.)

Linguica said:

There was no in stores version. It was sold via website and literally sold something in the neighborhood of 15 copies, according to Adam Williamson.

That sounds about right. The people that made it bought more copies for nostalgia than anything else (myself included).