Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jehar

Michael Krause Compilation Wad!

Well, for those who know who this mapper is, you might get a kick out of seeing all of his maps compiled into one wad. The only liberties I took in doing this was the use of a mapinfo lump so that the different skies could be assigned to the levels independent of their levelnum position.

Also, a few of his maps didn't have a set sky, so I just used his other skies to fill in those 'gaps'. If this pisses you off, let me know. I may or may not care :)

Anywho, HERE is the link to the wad file. After some testing and making sure everything is in place, I'll do a textfile and submit it to idgames.

Enjoy everybody!

For those just joining us, Jehar forgot to mention that the mapper is Michael Krause, author of, most recently at least, Dark Star, the last map /idgames has from him. (EDIT: WHOOPS THAT'S IN THE TITLE)

So, texts do allow redistribution? But the original maps are all vanilla maps, right? This means ZDoom will be required. Discuss. :P

/me points to topic, then shrugs.

Yeah, all the texts allow for redist, so I forsee no problems for the upload, or for people having to *gasp* use zdoom. There are about 5 skies used, so if anybody wants to do it more elegantly and make it vanilla compatible, feel free.

What about redone intermission level name graphics and dehacked text?

Hmm, offhand, I'm not sure /idgames could take a simple repackaging of the same content, even if permitted. If it were a third-party fix or something, I've seen those uploaded before, but I'm not sure here. That's off the top of my head, of course.

But some added features (level title graphics/text) could make it the repackaging relevant.

Oh, you want more now, do ye? I'll probably do a titlepic and an ending intermission, but not tonight. :)

Counter-Edit: Good points, and yes, I'm willing to do as such. The purpose of this is mostly the sheer convienence that comes from having the levels back-to-back. Giving Krause some extra recognition (which I feel he deserves) in the meantime can't hurt either.

Well, I was specifically referring (in poor language, sorry) to replacing "Entryway" with "Dark Star," graphically and in text, for instance, but if you can come up with something relevant and unintrusive for a TITLEPIC/INTERPIC, it could work. Doesn't seem quite right to add what you might consider your own artwork to what should be a pure compilation, though it's done with books and music.

If this is for sure a ZDoom thing, MAPINFO should be able to override the level names without using any graphics. Space-saver.

INCOMING requirement #3 of the idgames Archive states:

If this is a compilation of other things that are on the site already, the individual files cannot also remain in the archive. Tell me what files to delete.

But since you aren't the author, hopefully Ty would simply REJECT your submission (as opposed to deleting what the author himself uploaded).

Point well made, as I have no intention of mauling anybody's work like that. So, I'll just leave it up on my webspace for those who are interested.