Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vader

KDiZD is done!

*jacks off*

Just out of curiosity though, why is it taking so long to download? It's only 22 mbs.

Yep, the one for my area took A LOT longer then the other one.
I'm just reading the webcomic the girl in my Sociology class recommended to me while I wait.

Yay, can't wait, damn, I have an important test on monday at the university.

doesnt work...

immediate crashout on Gzdoom and nothing changed on regular Zdoom...

am I missing something?

(yes I tested both doom1 and doom2)

Why is it a PK3 file?

EDIT: ah got it to work, its just that ZDL doesnt recognize PK3 files. Playing it now.

It doesnt work as PK3 (renamed zip file).
It doesnt work as a straight zip file.
It doesnt work when extracted and the folder dropped on the exe.
It doesnt work when I recompiled it back into a PK3
It doesnt work in either Doom2 or Doom1 on either GZDoom or Doom.

It just doesnt work!

A shame...it looked promising...

(I tryed redownloading the thing from all of the mirrors...nothing works)

@EANB: no...really??</sarcasm>

@TDA: ZDoom is 2.0.94.0, GZDoom is latest

EDIT: I remeber the first time I DLed KDiZD, there was a textfile named Freedoom_lic.txt...does KDiZD need the Freedoom wad or was that put in there by mistake?

Steeveeo said:

@EANB: no...really??</sarcasm>

@TDA: ZDoom is 2.0.94.0, GZDoom is latest

EDIT: I remeber the first time I DLed KDiZD, there was a textfile named Freedoom_lic.txt...does KDiZD need the Freedoom wad or was that put in there by mistake?

What version of GZDoom are you running? ZDoom 2.1.7 and GZDoom 1.0.22/1.0.24 work for me.

And no, KDiZD doesn't need freedoom. The freedoom text file was added as some Freedoom stuff was used. You need Doom 1 to run KDiZD.

Every single milisecond I spent downloading this was worth it. I'm speechless.

Played it. Loved it.

Definitely accomplishes the goal of reimagining without loses the Doom "feel." Well done.

I have played through the first map, and I must say that I'm very impressed.

turns out that reinstalling GZDoom did the trick...

dont know why...I think the recent hardware overhaul might have tripped somtm off...

Played first level...

and I have to say...

that
is
frikkin
awesome...

Im jealous now...I wish I could map with at least half the skill it took to make this...that way my current maps wouldnt be such crap...¬_¬

Lamneth said:

I want those two hours of my life back. I want them back right fucking now.

If you thought it was that bad, why did you bother? Nobody made you play it.

Risen said:

If you thought it was that bad, why did you bother? Nobody made you play it.

Because I didn't know how bad it was before playing it? Up until now all I've seen/heard about it are some stuff from developers and some blurry low-res screenshots.

I guess my taste has diverged from the popular trend. There was just too much crap on the walls, so all of the rooms looked the same. I mean seriously, the only rooms that had any interest were the ones lifted from the original E1, all of new architechture was just really generic.

Also, those new monsters pretty much sucked. There doesn't need to be 10 different kinds of imps (all only slightly varied), especially considering that the new sprites don't fit the style of the original monsters.

It just is a perfect example of the current boring generation of WADs. Sorry.

Well doesnt work in skulltag because a decorate entry is named wrong. Like all the other decorate entry error wads someone will make a Skulltag version of this.

When I make a map, I like to test it on all ports.

I've only gotten as far as the what used to be the start room in the original Doom. Damn imps keep killing me. I run out of ammo and going tyson is not good for my health. I've a bad feeling being a keyboarder in this day and age of Doomer's is going to be my downfall. heh

I think the architecture looks awesome. I loved the look of the original Doom, but this is a "modern" interpretation of the original. So far I really like it.

Ambiant sounds so far and the sound of my shell casings hitting the floor during combat is pretty cool.

Another thing I thought was awesome. At the top of the steps thru the first door you hit a switch and you see the next door open on the monitor with former marines coming thru. I ran back down the steps and sure enough there they were. Now that is really cool. Not sure how long that has been around as a neat trick. I've been buried in Everquest for too long. haha

However, I do have a question. When I first entered the building, I got a message on the screen about action indicators or something and to hit my H key. So I did and an arrow thingy appeared over the computer next to the door. What's it supposed to do? I went up to the comp and hit my space bar but nothing happens.

I refuse to believe this until the download finishes and I can actually play it.

Hell hasn't frozen over, has it?

EDIT: What's the story with the music? I thought there were ogg replacements for every level.