Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DarkSoul520

Virtual Reality (VR)

you may be interested in this small CTF map I made for skulltag

http://www.wackyhq.com/urbanctf/

It's actually TronCTF but it was supposed to be part of a package of city Skulltag maps I was making. I never really finished any other maps. I was inspired by GLTron and got the map's music from the game (the song is Revenge of the Cats by Skaven). The song itself was actually a large inspiration, its one of the songs that got me into electronic music as well and it fits perfectly with the Tron theme, IMO.

EDIT: the jump pads dont seem to work as well as they used to.. maybe the new version of skulltag toned them down a bit? but anyway it used to be possible to use those jumppads and not fly into the void. i'll have to look into that.

also its pretty cool we had similar ideas because I've always loved that whole idea and wished I could do more with it.. tronctf was cool but I always feel like there was so much more potential than just a CTF map.. or maybe a CTF map but with more stuff

doomer524 said:

you may be interested in this small CTF map I made for skulltag

http://www.wackyhq.com/urbanctf/

It's actually TronCTF but it was supposed to be part of a package of city Skulltag maps I was making. I never really finished any other maps. I was inspired by GLTron and got the map's music from the game (the song is Revenge of the Cats by Skaven). The song itself was actually a large inspiration, its one of the songs that got me into electronic music as well and it fits perfectly with the Tron theme, IMO.

EDIT: the jump pads dont seem to work as well as they used to.. maybe the new version of skulltag toned them down a bit? but anyway it used to be possible to use those jumppads and not fly into the void. i'll have to look into that.

also its pretty cool we had similar ideas because I've always loved that whole idea and wished I could do more with it.. tronctf was cool but I always feel like there was so much more potential than just a CTF map.. or maybe a CTF map but with more stuff

Nice stuff man. Very cool that we both had similar ideas.

You could probably switch up the grid colors, have grids pop up as if there is supposed to be some illusion as far as having normal architecture, but bits are missing, stuff like that. I mean, if you want a varied VR experience type deal.

Ultraviolet said:

You could probably switch up the grid colors, have grids pop up as if there is supposed to be some illusion as far as having normal architecture, but bits are missing, stuff like that. I mean, if you want a varied VR experience type deal.

I was planning on making one level for each color, but that is still subject to change.

Also, I wanted to ask what music do you think would go with this theme. I can't seem to think of anything off the top of my head that would go good with this.

DarkSoul520 said:

I was planning on making one level for each color, but that is still subject to change.

Also, I wanted to ask what music do you think would go with this theme. I can't seem to think of anything off the top of my head that would go good with this.

Revenge of the Cats by Skaven is the music that I used in my wad and the music from GLTron. I think that music like that is the best. Its Tracker/MOD/MIDI videogame techno, but in a good way.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

This is by far one of the worst-looking WADs I've seen yet. Sorry, but VR does not instantly mean 64x64x64. Try again, be creative.

Sorry, not much else to say. Two bland screenshots.