Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Un-named Doom64 TC map in progress (Help!)

That's really impressive Kaiser. But I'm a bit confused, is this a new mod (new levels, and what not), or it's a new DOOM 64 adaption to the pc with different engine (DOOM 3D rather than Doomsday), and different method to adapt the maps to the pc?

Its a new adaption of N64 to PC which is aimed to be more accurate than that of the TC, which failed at doing just about everything.

I am redoing the maps because in the TC, I recreated them from scratch, in the mod, the levels are the actual levels ripped from the rom itself with very minor adjustments to work with the setup/functionality in the mod's engine (like converting the format to hexen and changing the ways lights are handled and other minor stuff like that).

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I get the feeling you're aware of this by now Kaiser - but Y helo thar.

I'm not sure quite how useful this is, but er... Yeah. Maybe you could send the ROM a signal to start decompressing the textures and use this plugin to load them to memory. Or some corny hack like that.

Side-note: I started re-ripping all the Doom 64 textures from scratch and matching them to their proper lump names with the help of Kaiser's maps ripped from the ROM. Maybe someone will find it useful?

That's awesome the fire sky looks good. I wonder if the music work
the same as the psx version two or three sounds sample played repeatedly like simple wave sequencing to be exact. It must be like PSX because It's same style and author, moreover the music files on psx one are 2.07 mo in total so I guess that would be perfect for the cartridge system.
It would be interesting to see in emulator how music is supported
but .LCD files are custom files and not standard .XA or.PSF files

I would have bet doomsday was the right port anyway Doom3D looks fine
When I played Absolution tc I was thinking about doing a detailed
texture pack but I gave up the idea because I dont know
if the version of doomsday which absolution is based on support them.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Maybe I can get around to this while I'm looking into the way maps and textures are compressed. As we speak I'm getting some work done in Nemu64...

Fisk said:

I get the feeling you're aware of this by now Kaiser - but Y helo thar.

I'm not sure quite how useful this is, but er... Yeah. Maybe you could send the ROM a signal to start decompressing the textures and use this plugin to load them to memory. Or some corny hack like that.

Side-note: I started re-ripping all the Doom 64 textures from scratch and matching them to their proper lump names with the help of Kaiser's maps ripped from the ROM. Maybe someone will find it useful?

Interesting. I'll look into this once I get home..