Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LINBiNk

Halo Series TC Project [Started as of 11/18] (In progress)

zap610 said:

If that's how you play then I'll make a halo wad, rip the guns from your wad, and slap your name somewhere in the credits. It's no problem as long as credit is given right?

Your logic is infallible.

rf` said:

Because its on the gun.

Cuz it look cool, and I just need 10 sprites for the numbers, and duplicate and move in place. :P

zap610 said:

If that's how you play then I'll make a halo wad, rip the guns from your wad, and slap your name somewhere in the credits. It's no problem as long as credit is given right?

hahah touche... not

LINBiNk, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Ralphis said:

LINBiNk, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

That because they are lazy. I'm working on the spartan laser. Then I'll do the smoke and the laser particles. It's gonna be awesome! When the laser is complete, I'll release it as an single weapon wad for y'all to toy with. ;)

Also I gonna redo the assault rifle because It's too small and scaled improperly. :X

I love how EVERY SINGLE RESPONSE here has been negative or a put-down to the project.

Obviously, experience in this community gives me the inclination to agree with the general viewpoint on how this project will turn out.

However, I like to think of myself as an optimist and am hopeful to see more projects turned out for Doom of large magnitude. Just remember that a weapons mod is very different from a real singeplayer mod or a TC. It takes planning, for one.

Good luck man.

yomoneyboat said:

Yeah, but still 100 more sprites than needed. Since there's already a status bar with ammo count in Doom, why would you need it on the gun?

100+ sprites? Wow a lot of work there BUT it would look a bit more halo-themed =) I think this is starting to turn out like a nice idea. I mean the guy might be working his ass off for this. In the end it will pay off for him and us :P

yomoneyboat said:

We still don't have that in-game screenshot that was promised yesterday.

My scripting buddy apparently ain't online and don't help much so I gonna do this myself. >.< I got the sprites done but not the scripting part, so I gonna learn how. Meh.

LINBiNk said:

My scripting buddy apparently ain't online and don't help much so I gonna do this myself. >.< I got the sprites done but not the scripting part, so I gonna learn how. Meh.

HOORAY FOR "CONVENIENT" SETBACKS!
Yeah, I'm pretty much putting this on my list of "never-finished" projects already.

seriously, everyone, just chill out and quit making fun of this dude, we already know he most likely won't get very far in this and all you are doing is insulting him. either leave him alone or tell him something constructive. and good luck linbink on this project. i dont have any faith in you getting very far, but i would love to see you prove me wrong.

Butts said:

seriously, everyone, just chill out and quit making fun of this dude, we already know he most likely won't get very far in this and all you are doing is insulting him. either leave him alone or tell him something constructive. and good luck linbink on this project. i dont have any faith in you getting very far, but i would love to see you prove me wrong.

yah yah, school in the way. And my laziness taking over me... *sigh*

LINBiNk said:

And my laziness taking over me... *sigh*

Don't feel TOO bad about it. Laziness happens to the best of us. Take my own megawad for example. I finished 25 and a half maps, then laziness set in. (I really do need to get off my duff and start working on that thing again...)

And especially, don't let insulting guys get to you. It's best to just ignore them. ;)

xbolt said:

And especially, don't let insulting guys get to you. It's best to just ignore them. ;)

I think it's more of a mentor-like mockery, in a harmless way intended to get across the message. Most of these "insulting guys" (haha I hate to refer to you all as that) have done something like this or at least slightly like this before and have also seen it many many times, they know how it goes.

I know how it goes too - you try to start a couple overambitious projects, then you finally come up with something original, you sit down and plan the mother out and you actually see a tangible release in less than a decade. But this step - the step of attempting tons of huge projects and then having them fail - is essential. It's kind of like a way to teach yourself WHY these projects go down the tube and HOW you can get closer to the kind of project you really want, (instead of just some epic FPS-to-Doom conversion which seemed cool at the time), and how to make one that succeeds.

Nah, it's not "kind of like it," it IS like it.

Here's to those essential yet rickety stepping stones!

Nick Perrin said:

Here's to those essential yet rickety stepping stones!

I do say old chap. Here here!

Good luck with the project. I know that I would get too lazy, and I don't really see anything enjoyable or original that I could actually make with Doom.

If I'm gonna make anything, I want it to be set apart from the norm and be new, innovative, and creative. This is something I just can't do with Doom. Oh well.

BoldEnglishman said:

This is something I just can't do with Doom.

I hope in this sentence you're speaking for yourself and not for the game!

yomoneyboat said:

Thievery? At Doomworld? FOR SHAME!

I know! Who would EVER do such a thing like steal weapon sprites? Or enemies for that matter! Wad ripping is lame.

LINBiNk said:

yah yah, school in the way.

not old enough for doom and halo

underage b&

threads like these is the reason why hilari clinton wants such games off of your grubby bonestorm-wanting minor hands

Nick Perrin said:

I love how EVERY SINGLE RESPONSE here has been negative or a put-down to the project.

Obviously, experience in this community gives me the inclination to agree with the general viewpoint on how this project will turn out.

However, I like to think of myself as an optimist and am hopeful to see more projects turned out for Doom of large magnitude. Just remember that a weapons mod is very different from a real singeplayer mod or a TC. It takes planning, for one.

Good luck man.

I wasn't being negative.

leileilol said:

underage b&

threads like these is the reason why hilari clinton wants such games off of your grubby bonestorm-wanting minor hands

Who caught the Simpsons reference?

LINBiNk, if you're going to make a weapons conversion, you should port over the enemies and create maps to emulate the halo levels, too. New textures, some skyboxes with the Halo arcing overhead... "Awesome" would not begin to describe the finished work.

See you sometime after the apocalypse.

No, it wouldn't be awesome or redundant, now that I think about it, for exactly one reason. Severe lack of pistol.

leileilol said:

underage b&

hah I played doom since im 4 years old k thx.

LINBiNk said:

Hmph, are you shure? I put preview over sprites itself so it can not be ripped. But in game screenshot is fine. Will have a pic tomorrow.

No offense.. but..
1, that water mark is easy to remove. If somebody wants to steal it, they will steal it.
2, it really isn't all that great in the first place..

I see absolutely nothing to look forward to here. Not trying to be pessimistic, but I really don't see any point to this.
As previously mentioned, FPS to FPS conversions are pointless. I'd rather play Halo than this mod for the sheer fact that Halo looks better, and likely plays better too.

LINBiNk said:

So you're suggesting an other genre to fps conversion? like starcraft for example?

People will make their own suggestions, but here's the beauty of modding - make whatever the hell it is YOU want to make.

If you do it well, people are going to enjoy it regardless!
If you try to please everyone, you may find yourself getting bored with your project... It's important to make something that interests you!

Nick Perrin said:

People will make their own suggestions, but here's the beauty of modding - make whatever the hell it is YOU want to make.

If you do it well, people are going to enjoy it regardless!
If you try to please everyone, you may find yourself getting bored with your project... It's important to make something that interests you!

Agreed. Copying somebody else's work will eventually lead to boredom. That's like copying by hand instead of printing a book; sheer boredom. Try to think of new ideas! Be creative! That is the only true route to happiness (in my humble opinion).

Delphinus said:

Agreed. Copying somebody else's work will eventually lead to boredom. That's like copying by hand instead of printing a book; sheer boredom. Try to think of new ideas! Be creative! That is the only true route to happiness (in my humble opinion).

hmph. k

i'll think up of a cool game....

hmm...

*zing*

oo i kno! wait i ain't tellin' ya!

LINBiNk said:

hmph. k
i'll think up of a cool game....
hmm...
*zing*
oo i kno! wait i ain't tellin' ya!

Oh god, there's no way this will end well.