Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MegaZzZeux

I Give Up On Trying To Map: 2 - WIP

Well, after a few more failed attempts at trying to make a level after I released my first "IGiveUp.wad", I ended up starting this wad yesterday, and so far it is coming along nicely. Don't expect anything too spectacular out of me, but I hope I can get THIS one done.

Screenshots:

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/9609/doom0000lr5.png

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/9284/doom0001up6.png

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8962/doom0002mk2.png

Um, well I think that's a pretty good second start...

Don't know what else to say really, it looks like a solid classic style map to me.
I like shot 2 myself.

Looks good, specially the third shot.

Can I suggest to replace that sky with a starry sky? IMO the E4 sky doesn't please the eyes if combined with brown bricks, while the starry sky I know fits great. Or perhaps a blue sky, or even a hellish one.

I'd say that's looking pretty awesome. We don't get enough classic-style WADs these days, in my opinion, so keep it up. Of course, I'm an old crank who's never really gotten into modern mapping, so what do I know? At any rate, I'd definitely play it.

Very simplistic, which is a good thing. Let the doom engine create the beauty for you -- and it really does. Damn inspirational really, getting bogged down by detail is annoying sometimes, and stepping back and looking at something like this really puts things into perspective. I'd like to see the final product :)

liking the way it looks so far. of course the only way to judge for sure is by playin it. keep us updated and don't give up.

Well, thanks for all of your feedback, guys. I will probably start a lot more work on it here after next week- after finals are done.

It's a pretty good start. It reminds me of an E4 map. In the first, you could go for some minor detailing, but aside from that, it's looks pretty nice and simple.

I enjoy classic-style maps. Seeing these shots kind of make me want to go back into mapping again. :)

If you're looking to throw some additional textures choices to add a little more variety to the map, try the green zimmer and/or marble textures. They go great with brick and metal, as well as your orange sky.

Sigvatr said:

I refuse to map unless I have an awesome idea. No mediocrity ever in my maps.

Sweet!

Me, I never expect anything to be ABOVE mediocre.

this is looking pretty darn nice, i thought your first i give up map was good but a little small, this one looks like its nice and spacious.

Butts said:

this is looking pretty darn nice, i thought your first i give up map was good but a little small, this one looks like its nice and spacious.

Thanks! And yeah, I do tend to make cramped areas in my levels, but this one is really quite different. Haven't had any time to work on it this last week, but I will be starting back up soon.

Hellbent said:

Nice screenies MegaZzZeux. I too look forward to playing it.

Thanks. And I have not worked on this since I put those screen shots up, so it might take me a while before this is done.

Well, I've added a small bit more (REALLY small bit), and this level is already starting to get very symmetrical. I hate when that happens.

MegaZzZeux said:

So far, I am highly disappointed with this map. More than any other, actually.

Meh. Then just release what you have for now and get some feed back.

Macro11_1 said:

Meh. Then just release what you have for now and get some feed back.

Eh,I think I have quite a bit more to add, so hopefully it will be a decent sized FINISHED map.

Sorry if there are people who REALLY want to play this map (doubt there are...), but production is going very slow due to college and work, but I do hope to have this done before 2023.

well I would like to play it, so hurry your ass up and finish!!!! j/k I do wanna play it, but take your time. edjumication comes first.

You're off to a very good start. You've got a solid theme going on, and some of that architecture looks down right erotic. I'm really looking forward to trying this out.