Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Psyrus

"Hyper-Node Alpha" - Beta (updated)

Well, I must say it's about time. I'm finally getting close to finishing this map to the point of uploading it to the archive. All that's left to do is a few fixes i.e. missed eye-piercing texture errors, stuck monsters, etc. if any such things still remain, which I certainly hope not, especially the latter. Otherwise, feel free to report them.

Any limit-removing port with doom2.wad should work (I don't see why it shouldn't anyway), but I haven't tested this out with plain old vanilla doom. Feedback and suggestions are welcome as always.

http://h1.ripway.com/Lutarez/hyprnod1-beta.zip

Edit: For those who downloaded before this edit, the wad has been updated due to a previously mentioned error that has been corrected.

Nice wad.

Some things worth noting however ...

1. Door sector 1412 is not tagged and lines 13252 and 13255 have no action\type or tag. As a consequence sector 1413 etc is unreachable and the player cannot kill all the monsters.

2. Line 2876 is tagged # 60 but there is no corresponding sector with tag # 60.

3. There are 2 sectors numbered 58 and both have a teleport destination sprite. There should be only one. This might somehow relate to point 2.

4. Lines 13152, 13153 etc. should have had a mid tex for the front sidedef also.

Tamashii said:

lots of switches :3

but otherwise, pretty good.

Yeah, that tends to be me at times, but I try not to go overboard. Bad habit probably.

hawkwind: Thanks for pointing those out.

Veeery nice map.
E1++;

And all those switches didn't bother me. That's why they're in there for - to be used.