Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Haloless0320

Redstar WolfTC Released

DarkJedi188 said:

Oh please DON'T make the guns be like that!
You see, the main reason why I prefer oldschool FPS games over modern FPS games is because the oldschool lack the reloading feature.
Reloading a gun after every 7 shots is bloody annoying and it keeps making me die in the middle of combat.
Hence why I utterly detest games like DOOM3. They're just impossible to beat without resorting to cheats. And I don't want to cheat.

THEN ISN'T IT A GOOD THING YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY GAMES WITH RELOADING WEAPONS???

Jodwin said:

THEN ISN'T IT A GOOD THING YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY GAMES WITH RELOADING WEAPONS???

But I DO want to play THIS WAD because it looks promising and original.

Haloless0320 said:

-Some way you could get a Nazi uniform and walk around undetected for a bit.

Back when ZDoom was only v1.22 (when horizontal surfaces could go right through obstacles), I was thinking about linedef powerups which, on being passed, would activate the NoTarget cheat, to make the player supposedly invisible as in Quake. There's surely a linedef special that can activate either NoTarget or freeze mode.

I hope the enemies are serious threats on UV simple... Maybe they won't be.

Well originally I have the Nazi uniform replacing the invisibility sphere.So that way you could walk around undetected for the most part but eventually someone will be like "That guy doesnt look familiar!"

Haloless0320 said:

Well originally I have the Nazi uniform replacing the invisibility sphere.So that way you could walk around undetected for the most part but eventually someone will be like "That guy doesnt look familiar!"

Oh ok, I get it, so you want one of the Nazis to actually be the smart one who has been expertly trained to identify disguised outsiders.
This uniform idea now sounds ten times better than what I originally thought it was going to be!

Hopefully I can live up to everyones expectations.It just sucks that it's taking so long.This city map is such a pain.I have all these cool ideas for the architecture but I cant do it because doom doesn't support it (or my lack of knowledge is hindering me)

Rock on! I dig that style - original, blocky Wolf3D look, low ceilings, all of it. I hope a complete version sees the light of day!

As for the stat bar, while I like the concept, one or two things are off.

It appears more like you wanted to transliterate it, but got a couple of letters off. Now while I'm not too sure on an actual translation, I can give you what a transliteration would look like. And for those who don't know what transliteration means, it means to take the words of one language, and put them in the lettering of another, for example, english words using the russian alphabet (cyrillic).

Аммо Эеалтэ Армс Армор - Буллетс Шеллс Роцкетс (Роккетс) Целлс (Селлс)
Ammo Health Arms Armor - Bullets Shells Rockets Cells

But then again, be sure to get input from someone who's a bit more fluent than I if you wish to put a bit more of an authentic feel into the bar, heh.

Looking very good though, keep up the good work :)

Edit: Hmm, I can't remember what makes the 'th' sound... I'll go back and fix it once I remember, unless someone else knows off=hand what it could be.

Crap...I might scrap the russian statbar then.I was doing it straight from the dictionary,My bad.

While we're at it what does Hospital look like in russian?

Haloless0320 said:

While we're at it what does Hospital look like in russian?

I was born in the USSR before it collapsed, and I lived there for the first 7 years of my life. So I'm perfectly fluent.

But since I don't have any Cyrillic fonts installed on my laptop I shall assist you through drawing letters in MsPaint.

And so, this is how you spell the word "hospital" in Russian:

Haloless0320 said:

I was doing it straight from the dictionary,My bad.

Nah, that puts me in the wrong then, which is what I get for reading and posting half-asleep, I was thinking you were doing something different, heh.

To those who are still waiting;

I am truly sorry for the delay on this wad.I have recently relocated 2 hours away and unpacked yesterday.I promise that this won't be a wad that will go unfinished.I would have to commit seppuku due to the shame of failing at life.I had a new plan for the wad:
-Instead of a 32 lvl wad it will be between 15-20 lvl's.This was decided so that maybe when I release the first version as a test so people can play it and give me some input.Then I will go back and rework the original levels while adding the rest of them in what I have proudly Dubbed the "Red Star:Nuclear Winter Edition"
-Originally the Town(I cant remember the name right now) Was going to be 1 level.But it will now be divided into 4 levels:The Factory,Suburbs,Town Hall,And Hospital.This was due to the fact that i have no Idea how to implement the Floor over floor feel besides using the Silent teleport trick.Nor can I figure out how to fix it where the houses arent the same height.The same goes for slopes.
-The guns,I have to be truthful...totally fucking out there.I get some people who like the original sprites more,then I hear that the models are better...I dunno.I know I should do it the way I wanna do it but I still depend on the all knowing eye of the Vetran Wad creators.(I'm not worthy!)
-Any other issues that need to be tended to need to be brought to my attention.I will remember any Ideas,graphics,sprites,textures,Etc will be included in the thank you portion of the text file included with the wad.

As always,thanks for the Ideas and support.It is greatly appreciated.
James

Don't start worrying about delays until after you've been nominated for the Mordeth award. :-)

Even then, take your time and make it as you see best. I wouldn`t want to see a failed mod because you listened too much...

Ok I've made the choice of just using Laz Rojas' wolfenstien weapons.It'll make eveything alot easier and I'm out of Ideas for guns lol.Though I might check and see if someone wants to help out with the weapon sprites and setting them up in Whacked.So here are the changes(Small Changes)
1.Knife
2.P-30
3.Trench Gun(The Kar was scrapped due to it using shells)
4.BM-16 Long Rifle
5.MP-40
6.Panzerfaust
7.Flamethrower
8."Potato Masher"
But the problem is that I had recently installed what I thought was a driver to improve my video card.But now it refuses to run GZdoom in OpenGL.So I'm not sure what the problem is.God how I hate Nvidia(and miss my ATI)

This is relevant to my interests. I don't know what it is about Wolf-themed Doom mods, but I love them.

I really wish Laz would have finished Operation Rheingold.

I bet that if Laz teamed up with Haloless instead of ditching the community like this then the whole Red Star project would've already been around 75% finished by now.

But I still have faith in this wad even if it's going to remain as a solo effort.

Operation Rheingold could never have been completed, the project was way to ambitous, being supposed to be made up of over half a dussin chapters (he had the plot and stuff all worked out pretty much early on though). As the time went, Laz' mods got more and more advanced technically but the one problem Laz always had was a severe lack of resources (weapons being a major issue) and repetetive level design, except maybe for Arctic Wolf SE which showed major advancement in his level design skills, but he still did not implement skill levels for some damned reason. I have myself been searching and searching for WWII themed weapon sprites through the years, but they are almost nonexistable (well, there are a few but nowhere enough).

Optimus Christ already, I'm sorry I brought up Mr. Too-Big-For-His-Lacy-Undergarments. Let's stop derailing the thread and get back on topic, which is: Red Star is looking awesome, and I want it.

Yeah,it seems that there is alot of threads about Ms. Laz Rojas.I don't want this thread to all of a sudden be about his uhh...side...projects.

No new news yet...still tweaking.I've found that I am one picky bastard when it comes to making a wad.