Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lantern Jaw

Objects anchored, monsters not?

Hi all, I would like to know if it is possible to anchor inanimate objects in Zdoom or GZdoom, like pillars, whilst at the same time keeping the "billboard" setting of Monsters to X,Y ? This question occured to me when I noticed just how poor the two tech pillars structures look as you enter the Hangar level at the very start of Doom and head left.

Ps. I have doombuilder and XWE if that helps?

Not sure what you mean by that, but you could make pillars similar to the tech pillars out of sectors to replace the things.

I don't know what you mean by "billboard", but you can use Decorate to either create new anchored objects or recreate already existing objects as anchored as well.

Again, not so clear on what you're looking for, but I hope it helps

I know what he's talking about.

No, you can't have selective anchored sprites. with GZDoom, it's all or nothing.

I say "billboard" because the GZdoom in-game options refer to it that way, where you can attach all sprites to a Y axis or an X,Y axis... whatever you preference for viewing sprights in the game. Obviously both look a bit odd in a "3D" lansdcape especially with mouselook activated. My humble oppinion is that a Y axis looks better for certain "object" sprites, whereas "X,Y" I feel is always better for monsters.

Anyway, thanks csonicgo for realising what I was blathering about :-)

myk said:

Not sure what you mean by that...

Kirby said:

I don't know what you mean by "billboard"...

Billboard Y-Axis:

Billboard XY-Axis:

And there you have it. :)