Architecture/Layout: 1%?
    Item Placement: 1%?
  • MAP 06: Alter's ego - Alter
    Architecture/Layout: 0%
    Item Placement: 0%
  • MAP 07: the Vein (ellmo)
    Architecture/Layout: 20%?
    Item Placement: 0%?

Well folks since Ellmo has allowed me to use the DRD resource pack and I've been smoking with mother nature, I've made some re-hashes to the rooms. Check it out!

I have a question for Bloodskull and ellmo, Do i have to merge the DRD resource wad (I have it) onto main dark caliber wad i'm using as base? since darkcbr.wad ALREADY has new textures, so it's a bit of problem

alterworldruler said:

I have a question for Bloodskull and ellmo, Do i have to merge the DRD resource wad (I have it) onto main dark caliber wad i'm using as base? since darkcbr.wad ALREADY has new textures, so it's a bit of problem

Whatever textures my level uses is the ones we'll add. Im trying to use the ones that dont conflict in any way with the current pack.

Bloodskull said:

Well folks since Ellmo has allowed me to use the DRD resource pack and I've been smoking with mother nature, I've made some re-hashes to the rooms. Check it out!

Are there any unique textures in this pack or are they all recolored Doom textures and the Darkening?

Ellmo goddammit, whenever i try to launch my map with DRD textures in prboom+, it launches that some textures are missing like SKY4, You failed it :P

EDIT: new screens from map04, the map is 50% done now

kristus said:

Are there any unique textures in this pack or are they all recolored Doom textures and the Darkening?

Nope. A mix of textures from various sources, plus some recoloured. Nothing special. I don't now myself what's that fuss all about.

alterworldruler said:

Ellmo goddammit, whenever i try to launch my map with DRD textures in prboom+, it launches that some textures are missing like SKY4, You failed it :P

Just because you blatatnly tried to use a resource file made for UDoom (Mapinfos using SKY4) in Doom2 project doesn't mean I have failed at anything...

But all in all, I like the new screens. I like them very much.

New screen from map04, hell yes i love abusing those lovely mid textures : P

PS. I feel like the map gets better with each section, man it never gets old

Tango said:

Flat on door in shot3 needs to be changed from green marble to something red.

Yeah, will change it to a red flat instead, damn i lost myself inside my own design logic! *insert picard palmface here*

Ellmo and Bloodskull, i need a status rundown of your maps right now, i really need to know whenever you're working on them or not (map04 is 66% done now)

alterworldruler said:

Ellmo and Bloodskull, i need a status rundown of your maps right now, i really need to know whenever you're working on them or not (map04 is 66% done now)

The maps at 25% right now. I've got tons of free time next week since hours were cut at both jobs, should have alot done by friday.

An another updated map list, well i have a bad news, ellmo's map are freezed for a month because he's busy but he will come back : P

• MAP 01: Dawn of Ancients (Alter)
    Architecture/Layout: 100%
    Item Placement: 100%
  • MAP 02: Totally Bricked (ellmo)
    Architecture/Layout: 100%?
    Item Placement: 80%?
    (I added a custom music to a demo already lol)
  • MAP 03: Blown in 60 seconds (ellmo)
    Architecture/Layout: 15%?
    Item Placement: 10%?
  • MAP 04: Hell's within - Alter
    Architecture/Layout: 66%
    Item Placement: 66%
  • MAP 05: Dawn Patrol - Bloodskull
    Architecture/Layout: 25%?
    Item Placement: 25%?

Architecture/Layout: 100%?
    Item Placement: 80%?
    (I added a custom music to a demo already lol)
  • MAP 03: Blown in 60 seconds (ellmo)
    Architecture/Layout: 15%?
    Item Placement: 10%?
    Architecture/Layout: 25%?
    Item Placement: 25%?
    Architecture/Layout: 1%
    Item Placement: 1%
So... i finished map04 and already started map06, it will take long time to do that map though as it will need to be epic, hard as shit and large (HR ftw). Here's a small peek-in from map06 (No monsters haha, i done screen with -nomonsters)

OK, this project is pretty dead (sorry for that bump but i'm a co-leader of this project), ellmo is busy with work i can't seem to get in contact with him. Bloodskull i can't seem to get you on MSN, how the 5th and 6th map are going huh? God not only i have to work on xenus 3 but also keep eye on this one as well :D!

Bump, ellmo has officially screwed this project but i ain't givin' it up! so yeah me and bloodskull still working on it. Ellmo, how can i trust you if you keep running away like you did with R-one many times, sheesh, you leave me no choice seriously. oh, new screenies up btw

Item Placement: 99%?
  • MAP 03: ??? (Not assigned)
    Architecture/Layout: 35%
    Item Placement: 35%
    Architecture/Layout: 5%
    Item Placement: 5%
  • MAP 07: ??? (Not assigned)

Yes, all from map06

The pictures look ok, but do you want almost everything to look yellow-brown? I think there are enough brown looking wads in the archive... Maybe you could include new textures with another color like green, blue or grey :-P ! Greetings.

Deeforce said:

The pictures look ok, but do you want almost everything to look yellow-brown? I think there are enough brown looking wads in the archive... Maybe you could include new textures with another color like green, blue or grey :-P ! Greetings.

Nah don't worry, the map will turn into a hellish cave onto later if properly done, i'm taking the lead of the project now since ellmo is being an ass and saying he does not know whenever he will return to it ever or not. I should start a new thread but i'll do that on later phases

In response to what Esselfortium said, try to make those windows similar to this.

Make better use of the doom textures don't see them as an wallpaper that you just slap onto an wall.I have no problems with the brown look of that map.I see some texture misalignments with the brick textures in shot 2 and 6 around the windows.You probably didn't upper and lower unpeg those linedefs.