Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gggmork

hollow face illusion (face 'follows' you)

Just a short experiment wad. Simply strafe to the right while facing the same direction to see the illusion.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/x300cs

If you have no clue what I'm writing about, search 'hollow face illusion' in youtube. It works up/down as well as side/side (if you add a lift/stairs).

Not as severe as some of the real-world examples, as its not a true hollow carving (and some of the angling is off), but a nice attempt nonetheless.

(EDIT: Spelling)

Kinda goofy. I sorta see the illusion, but you kinda have to look at it looking for the illusion, which would normally go unnoticed in traditional doom architecture. I'd like to see other illusions used in doom however. I'm gonna do some research and see if I can come up with anything.

Nice! It's definitely not perfect, but I didn't have much trouble seeing the illusion. I think the major flaw is that the textures are solid and touching the ground. If you blended them into the background a bit more, hide the base of the texture or blend it into the ground, and restrict player movement, it should be a really solid effect.

Props for being the first to test such an illusion. You will be pleasantly surprised how many type of optical illusions you can pull off in Doom. I have done quite a few tests myself.