Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FakeSagan

Help me find this nostalgic WAD.

O HAI

I'm a new user, but I've recently decided to find every single official Doom release ever made, and as many WADs as possible and just play them through. I used to play Doom as a kid in the 90's and I distinctly remember a modification of some sorts. I don't remember what it was, I just remember that when you fired the BFG, instead of the normal sound you got a voice saying "Take that!" or "Eat this!" or something along those lines. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I was pretty sure it was Aliens TC but I got it and it's not it.

Hmm... I don't think it was that. It had new maps as well, and they were pretty great. There was one map that I rememeber had like a maze of elevators that had UAC written on them. If I remember correctly, it also had some sounds from Aliens TC (might be wrong though). The elevator maze is what I remember best. This was in around 1997.

There was an old Beavis and Butthead sound wad (BEAVIS.WAD) that added "Eat it, dude" (Butthead's voice, from the 'Dead Mouse' episode, IIRC) to the BFG firing sound. This might have been used in other wads too, maybe.

The "swallow this" sound was, I think, from the Evil Dead. It was used as the revenant's death sound in Skyewood (appropriate because the revenant would scream "I'll swallow your soul" while alive). Maybe it was used in the AOD TC, but I'll leave checking that to someone who can be bothered.

The more popular sound clips tended to be reused again and again in many mid-1990s wads, since quite a lot of authors back then seemed to believe that bad sound replacements would make their creations more popular.

(And moved to Wads and Mods. Please try to post in the most appropriate forum, especially in really clear-cut cases like this.)

FakeSagan said:

"Eat this!"

I distinctly remember that sound, I remember ripping and using it as a taunt for a skin on skulltag. No idea what wad it was from, because I was looking in wads searching for soundfx only.

End1.wad has lots of Bruce Campbell noises. Does it also have SWALLOW THIS? I definitely remember COME GET SUM or GO HOME N CRY T YOUR MAMA in there replacing various monsters (like all the monsters are tape-playing Ash at you).

I know which WAD you are talking about, and it is indeed an Alien Doom. I haven't been able to find an online download for it, so I'll just e-mail it to you.

Phobus said:

I know which WAD you are talking about, and it is indeed an Alien Doom. I haven't been able to find an online download for it, so I'll just e-mail it to you.

OH wow, please do. Mail it to metabogy@yahoo.com.