Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
David_Dweedle

Cant find the Space Starry Texture in TNT.Wad.. Wanna use it for my Custom level Sky

Cool.

Consider placing a voodoo doll in a fast-crushing sector which gets triggered if you walk off the edge of the station into "space". The effect is alot more convincing (and quicker) than just a damaging sector.

If your space station has outdoors areas which are fall-off-able anyway.

Wouldn't a slow-crushing sector work better? A fast crusher might not kill the player in one go, which would look pretty dumb. If you set the ceiling over the voodoo doll to exactly 64 above the floor, there will be no delay between the crusher starting and damage being taken.

arrrgh said:

Wouldn't a slow-crushing sector work better? A fast crusher might not kill the player in one go, which would look pretty dumb. If you set the ceiling over the voodoo doll to exactly 64 above the floor, there will be no delay between the crusher starting and damage being taken.

56 units would work better. That's how tall Doomguy is.

Dont think i'll have the ability to fall out into space in this Map.. im unsure as how I would do it in the Boom Sourceport.. ive only just figured out how to make Artificial Horizons..

Use simultaneous crushers. Place the victim beneath multiple thin crushers.

sigh.. this map is starting to look really ugly.. unsure if I will finish it.. might be a Harddrive only wad.. ive learn ALOT of tricks tho on this.. Conveyor Belts + Crushers = Fun.

Super Jamie said:

At least you can tell when a map is unreleasable.

I wont release stuff I know that is junk.

Talk about time consuming setting up a Conveyor belt system with Crushers going up and down.. took me a full 30 minutes to figure out how to get it to work without Hall of Mirrors or parts of the Conveyor belt stoping etc.. good fun learning tho. Ive got like heaps of Test maps flooding my harddrive.. even test maps way back when I was learning how to make Doors lol.