Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

Doom Advent Calendar 2009

Looks like everyone wants to use stock textures so far.

Nice shots jimmy.

Are stock textures a bad thing?

I'll probably add some new textures though, cause the stock textures do get boring to use after a while.

No, stock textures are not a bad thing. I'm just surprised that no one has used any custom textures yet, that's all. I'm using all stock textures, haha.

Butts said:

No, stock textures are not a bad thing. I'm just surprised that no one has used any custom textures yet, that's all. I'm using all stock textures, haha.

Good cause so far I've used all stock textures myself.

Suppose I should make a return to DAC four years later. Sign me up Torn.

Also, are custom textures allowed? If so, could we all make a vote on a certain texturewad?

'Tis the season to be Dooming!

I'll contribute. Sign me up, please!

I tried for the 2006 (failed) one, so I think I'll go for this one too :)

Obviously this won't be a sequel to the previous one, as that was very much a ZDoom wad. I think I'll just make a small-ish Doom 2 styled map. Maybe nearer the time I'll make a sequal to Twisted Joke as well. Get festive!

Credit under James "Phobus" Cresswell please!

Couldn't you extend it, so it ran from December 1st to January 1st? That way, you would have 32 maps to release right up to New Year's Day, and then you could release all 32 as one big festive megawad. :D

Please read first post, instead of asking already answered questions.

Phobus said:

Credit under James "Phobus" Cresswell please!

Well, just include that in your text file, when I get the map.

Reevys said:

Couldn't you extend it, so it ran from December 1st to January 1st? That way, you would have 32 maps to release right up to New Year's Day, and then you could release all 32 as one big festive megawad. :D

Let us see how many maps that will get done, let us see...
But if I will get more than 24 maps (and below 32) I will just relase two maps one day, etc...

I swear I posted already saying that I actually wanted to sign up. =S

I've pretty much finished my map now, anyway - you'll be receiving a PM shortly, Torn.

Jimmy91 said:

I swear I posted already saying that I actually wanted to sign up. =S

I've pretty much finished my map now, anyway - you'll be receiving a PM shortly, Torn.

Oh sorry about that. I am sure I added you, but I must have removed you by mistake.

AB I don't think you should worry too much, as your recent maps are quite good and they seem to have been made pretty quickly. You've got until November to finish something decent for this.

I'm actually pretty surprised this thread isn't as large as the 1994 tuneup thread or even the 666maps thread, but I guess that means everybody is hard at work on their submissions.

Heh, like I said this is kind of a placeholder, cause I KNOW I'll procrastinate on this and if I don't make something of quality in time I can fall back on this rather interesting but simple map ;D

And I dunno about them being hard at work for something with a two month deadline and only needing one map, I bet they're out enjoying their summer :P

EDIT: @Use3D; yar I'll make one.

I just sent you my map, Torn. Sorry, I said I'd have it to you sooner. :/ Ah well - check your e-mail.

ArmouredBlood said:

And I dunno about them being hard at work for something with a two month deadline and only needing one map, I bet they're out enjoying their summer :P

Or that.. I know I haven't been very productive lately because I've been balancing work and puppy training. I forgot how much work a new puppy can be.

Either way, I'm still making (somewhat slow) progress on this map. Here's a screenshot to prove it:

I'm not quite ready to show the outside area yet, as it's not quite finished. Neither is the inside, but this area is much more presentable than the outside so far.

Haha

I remember I did the truly awesome calendar image and PHP work back then.

Just holler if you need any help with that again. :)

Anders said:

Haha

I remember I did the truly awesome calendar image and PHP work back then.

Just holler if you need any help with that again. :)

Well, I was thinking of asking you. :P

Edit: I guess this time it needs to be the doom2 picture. I have saved the doom2 poster picture for that.

I've slowly made some progress due to competing interests in other things. Heres what I've got so far (not much).

The plan is to have a twisted path lead to the north pole where the demons have taken over. Lots of new textures need to be created for that and I'm willing to share them as I make them.

Shtbag667 said:

I've slowly made some progress due to competing interests in other things. Heres what I've got so far (not much).

http://i29.tinypic.com/i1ad00.jpg

The plan is to have a twisted path lead to the north pole where the demons have taken over. Lots of new textures need to be created for that and I'm willing to share them as I make them.

Wasn't you the one who made circus666 as well? That shot just kinda screamed it out to me, it looks quite cool with the elf hats. :P

Oh crap, your on to me.. Must be the sky, I think it's the same except it's gray-scale. The decapitated elf heads are just textures instead of sprites in order to keep it boom compatible in case anyone is wondering.

I have a offtopic question

are you still even working on Happy Time Circus 2 or is it either abandoned/canceled or put on hold? Also what happened to your site?

Nightmare Doom said:

I have a offtopic question

are you still even working on Happy Time Circus 2 or is it either abandoned/canceled or put on hold? Also what happened to your site?

That mod has pretty much been done for a while now, I just never uploaded it due to apathy I guess. If you want, I'll try and upload it this weekend. I don't know what happened to my web page but it was nice while it lasted. I might create another one if I can do it freely or at least very cheaply. It's not something I've really checked into recently.

Those of you posting screenshots in this thread are completely missing the point of an advent calendar. It's supposed to be a surprise!

Torn said:

(note: feel free to post screenshots of your WIP)

I figured that meant he expected WIP screenshots. But you're right, I guess you're not supposed to know what's inside the advent calendar until the day comes!

Shtbag667 said:

That mod has pretty much been done for a while now, I just never uploaded it due to apathy I guess. If you want, I'll try and upload it this weekend.

You might as well upload it.

Krispavera said:

I figured that meant he expected WIP screenshots. But you're right, I guess you're not supposed to know what's inside the advent calendar until the day comes!

Oh crap. Well I guess I won't use that map I'm working on. I kind of meant to try to fit it in my episode anyway >.<