Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Breadrobber

OH NOES! Doom 64 TC help please?

I downloaded the Doom 64 TC today. I put doom2.exe and the music file into the correct folder, and I made sure that all the folders were there and in their respective folders. I double-clicked Absolution, and Windows told me an error had occured. I checked everything again, double clicked Absolution, and got another error. After the third time of this I decided I needed some help. Anyone have any idea why this won't run?

Well first check that you have doom2.wad in there, not the .exe,because the Doom 64 TC is based on a port so it needs the iwads not the exe. Then make sure you dled a graphics .wad with it off the site, as the absolution files don't have it. Make sure both are in the right folder and you should be good to go.

I have the music wad, and it is in the bin/data/doom64/auto or whatever folder, but every time I try to run Absolution an error occurs and it closes. Are there any extra steps I might not know about?

While the TC is nice, I would recommend this for playing Doom64 on your PC, it's MUCH more accurate than the TC, and is made by the same guy that made the TC too.