New version of Map22 will be sent to testers shortly here a complete changelog
Damn, thats lot of changes!
- Reworked green pillars at start
- Mancs in sector 399 will wake up when shot now
- Adjusted imps in yellow key trap slightly as suggested
- Adjusted sectors 406 400 so manc can be shot from windows
- Added a bit more health and ammo leading up yellow door
- Added more ammo beyond yellow key door area and removed some hitscanners
- Aligned ashwall pillars around sector 873
- Relocated rocket launcher to sector 1398
- Fixed soulsphere secret at sector 1472 larger sector
- Lindef 5809 was set to SR Door open stay conversely if you go into the room of caco's the door will close behind you with a W1 trigger
- Removed BFG and relocated the megasphere in it's place
- Adjusted blue key sector size
- Added a teleport between sector 367 - 370 improved nagivation
- Provided a way out of the exit room
- Changed textures on line 4257 and 4232
- linedef 6334 actually had the wrong texture fixed this and adusted the alignments
- Set linedef 1616 to correct texture
- Put some more backpacks ealier in the level as requested
- A bit more ammo/health has been added here and there
- Re-textured the grey-rock outside
- Added teleport near blue key for faster travel
- increased the sector size that the yellow key sits on
- Added better sound detection for cyber
- Moved stimpacks in sector 633 and sector and health potions in sector 678, armour bonuses moved sector 1274
- Put monster blocking around sector 784
- Split lines 3015, 3175, 3300 and 3303 and did a little bit of seg reduction
- Added some extra linedef triggers to lower that bridge around sector 398
- Dummy sectors all flagged hidden
- Imps marked deaf in sector 359 (element of surprise)
- Added a couple of medpacks to help get the yellow key (skills 3/4 only)
- Monsters in plasma room all marked deaf and extra sound blocking incorporated
- Line 4634 set to S1 berserk has only one chance to be obtained
- Removed mancubus from sector 412 as it was useless but left architecture design intact
- Added some blocking to lifts at sectors 109, 721 & 726 monsters were also flagged deaf I hope this improves things
- Bad placement of T90. It renders into the wall - Both lines 100 and 126. Similar for T89 fixed
- Lines 8167, 8159 flagged "secret" for surprise element also flagged 8394, 4583, 7964 and 8517 secret.
- Mid tex on line 647 and 749 were bleeding fixed this
- Removed tag from sector 161
- The player might not pick up the soulsphere at sector 1452 and hence miss out on getting a finding a secret credit.
I suggest making sector 331 the secret sector instead this has been done
- The techno pillars at sector 111 hang over the floor, depending on the players viewpoint. Not a good look.
I suggest removing them removed.
- Similar to point 7 - Drag the techo pillars away from lines 1998 and 2006 they have been dragged
- The texture CRACKLER is used at line 5353 lower for example, and this is fine. But the upper could use a new texture,
made from the flat FLOOR6_1 thanks for that texture KiiiYiiiKiiiA!.
- For more "realism", you could have extended sector 881 away from line 4896, since in the "real" world, the upper and lower on line 4896 would
not be lit by line 4877. This also applies to lines 4840, 4812 and 4939. I did some work on this but only to a certain extent any more would cause
- The box of rockets at sector 525, render partly into sector 554, depending on players viewpoint adjusted the positions
- The ceilings of sectors 800 and 801 were probably meant to be GBRAYFL8 fixed
- Similar to point 6, I think it would be better to have sector 1471 as the secret rather than sector 1468 chage implemented
- Lines 2397 and 2385 missing upper textures fixed
- Lines 4451 and 7788 are missing upper textures fixed
- 100% kills not possible. Linedef 8477 is tagged but there is no corresponding sector tag. I suspect you meant sector 990 to be tagged 62 yes I did this has been set.
-The other thing was that a lot of the inset detailing. There was brown inset areas, blue, red, green, many different colors. Perhaps just a stronger sense of unity through the level. Fewer colors = stronger theme. I know this is a bit of an 'intangable', but give it some thought anyway, I feel the level could be even better with a little of this. That said though, the more I played the level, the more
all those little details grew on me.
I think I will leave this as is I like the different colors, I'll only change it if there is a strong demand and you even said it yourself they grew on you =)
-Monsters often become stuck on doortracks of the four doors directly south of sector 777, as well as the small
rooms all around sector 1083. It's not really a big deal, but it does look a little sloppy and can weaken the
effectiveness of enemies.
Not sure what to do about this it seems to be a problem with Doom will probably leave it unless there is strong demand
to do something
I feel like there should be a temporary wall between vertices 618, 674, 675 and 603, which lowers on a linedef after you pick up the super shotty.
This is to stop you walking into the yellow key room with nothing more than a single barrel shotty. Bad news if you do that.
I think i'm going to leave it like this, mainly because it is quite possible to surivive if you go in there or at least escape, I think it contributes
to non-linear aspect and I think putting bars there would make that corridor useless.
Again, thank-you testers!