TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

is this thing gonna come out before the global economic crash forces the heavy handed governments of the world to shut down the internet and the planet is plunged into a new dark age of misery and uncertainty? my cat won't even come out from under the couch now.

Share this post


Link to post
Megamur said:

I also hope I'll get some sort of credit listed in the final release. I'm pretty certain I tested MAP05, which I don't believe Kyka ever worked on. Possibly others as well, but it's hard to say judging just by the map names alone. Even dropping me in the Special Thanks section of the text file will do. :)


Don't worry, anyone that contributed over the course of the project's development will be credited in the readme.

Ragnor said:

If youve reverted everything, then we can have our shitty linear maps and you can have your polished golden versions, and we can see how each evolved in its own way. By this point my only remaining work is in 24, 27 and 28, the three maps Kyka didnt send me, and I found critical flaws in 27 and 28 that saved players from a lot of frustration.


Kyka will let you know once we've worked out what we're doing with the maps.

Share this post


Link to post

Well that is the texture pack sorted then.

In regards to the maps, I would like to propose a swap.

Rather than make you guys redo all that work, here is what I propose.

(The reason I am proposing this is I would rather see both mapsets have completely unique maps, rather than two mapsets that have similar but different versions of the same maps. Much better for everyone working on the projects, and much better for anyone playing them.)


=====================================================================

-In regards to Emzee's 2 maps. (Map 01 and Map 13) I suggest we take one of those each. You guys keep the work I did on map 01, as it is pretty iconic to TNT2 and I won't try and take that. (I'll let you keep the destroyed IOS face patches I did, unless you wanna redo that,) and I will take map 13. This seems fair to me, seeing the amount of work I did on the both of them.

-If you wish, to save you having to redo those maps, you guys can keep my version of Tango's completed map 08, the reworked version of whoo's Map 10 that I did, the version of PC's map 06 that I did, and any changes I made to Mionic's maps 24 and 28, (Assuming he wants to keep them, which he of course is under no obligation to do.) My work on Darkreaver's and Deathevocations map 04 you may keep. Any other work on the maps by me you can use freely. (eg 5, 11, 20, 22, 25, and 30, maybe others, though depending on which versions of these maps you are using I may or may not have done any work on them.)

-I will take the three maps that Alter and I worked on, with Alter's permission of course. (Map 15 which leads to the secret levels, Map 17 which Tarnsman hated so much, and the third, I am not sure which mapslot it was in, but Alter will know which map it is.) Alter said earlier in the thread that these three maps are not being used in TNT2 anyway, so hopefully this shouldn't be taking too much from this project.

=====================================================================

Once this is sorted, then we should be free to move forwards independently.

The only other thing I ask is that Megamur, hawkwind, and Ragnor be fully credited for their testing work on many of the maps.

In addition, there was some minor playtesting done by Joshy, Darkreaver and Deathevocation which I would also like credited.

Feel free to credit myself also on whatever of my work, mapping or texture wise, remains in TNT2.

And that should just about cover it.

Share this post


Link to post
KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

=====================================================================

-In regards to Emzee's 2 maps. (Map 01 and Map 13) I suggest we take one of those each. You guys keep the work I did on map 01, as it is pretty iconic to TNT2 and I won't try and take that. (I'll let you keep the destroyed IOS face patches I did, unless you wanna redo that,) and I will take map 13. This seems fair to me, seeing the amount of work I did on the both of them.

-If you wish, to save you having to redo those maps, you guys can keep my version of Tango's completed map 08, the reworked version of whoo's Map 10 that I did, the version of PC's map 06 that I did, and any changes I made to Mionic's maps 24 and 28, (Assuming he wants to keep them, which he of course is under no obligation to do.) My work on Darkreaver's and Deathevocations map 04 you may keep. Any other work on the maps by me you can use freely. (eg 5, 11, 20, 22, 25, and 30, maybe others, though depending on which versions of these maps you are using I may or may not have done any work on them.)

-I will take the three maps that Alter and I worked on, with Alter's permission of course. (Map 15 which leads to the secret levels, Map 17 which Tarnsman hated so much, and the third, I am not sure which mapslot it was in, but Alter will know which map it is.) Alter said earlier in the thread that these three maps are not being used in TNT2 anyway, so hopefully this shouldn't be taking too much from this project.

=====================================================================


That's a fair deal. I agree to the first two, but obviously we'll have to wait for Alter's input on the third. I also made a new MAP10 so you can keep the one you worked on if you want, but just remember I threw it out because I didn't like how I made the progression follow a straight line most of the time.

And here's the list of people that I'll be crediting in the special thanks section of the readme:

Kyka
Megamur
Ragnor
Joshy
darkreaver
Deathevocation / Adrian Hanekom (I think he may want to be credited as the latter)
hawkwind

Let me know if I'm forgetting anyone.

Share this post


Link to post

Alright Kyka, feel free to take the old map15/17. Third map? Not sure what it was, last map we worked on together was Kassman's infernal carrier, and that one stays (and we failed to finish haha. Don't worry, i'm making sure it'll get finished PROPER now). Just take what we've co-done and is not in TNT2 :) (don't forget to give credit where it's due)

Share this post


Link to post

Well, thank god this is all getting resolved now. 17 will need a hell of a lot of reworking though, pretty much everyone hates that one in some way. My issue with it was getting repeatedly locked into areas needlessly, and several unfair fights.

Share this post


Link to post
alterworldruler said:

Alright Kyka, feel free to take the old map15/17. Third map? Not sure what it was, last map we worked on together was Kassman's infernal carrier, and that one stays (and we failed to finish haha. Don't worry, i'm making sure it'll get finished PROPER now). Just take what we've co-done and is not in TNT2 :) (don't forget to give credit where it's due)


Thanks Alter. Glad we are finally resolving things. The third map I was referring to was this one:





I know it appears as a portion of another map, but when last I looked, we were going to get rid of that portion. Either way, let me know your thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post

I think its the new Devilution's Map 3. "Brimstone Labs" by alter, fits the description of this map.

Share this post


Link to post
Ragnor said:

I think its the new Devilution's Map 3. "Brimstone Labs" by alter, fits the description of this map.

Nope it's not it, I made a completely new map in this style that fits map03, feel free to take the old one guys, just give where credit is due.

Share this post


Link to post

As long as that map lives on in either project, I'm happy, I fucking love that map.

Share this post


Link to post

Now, to show you guys that TNT2 is well and kicking (and progressing).

http://imgur.com/a/4Mi83#0

Here a have a little gallery of my new map03, I finished it some days ago. So there's no issues taking the old one at all. The thumbnails would be too big thus i'm just leaving a link. Also good luck with the new project @ Kyka & Ragnor.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks. I figured that older map would be perfect for the new project goals, hence the assumption (That and I did throw some ideas on how it could be used elsewhere)

Ive already got tons of ideas on what maps, themes and so forth this branching project can take, like my map concept way earlier in the thread when it was too late for new maps. A divergent likeness indeed..

Share this post


Link to post

Just purely on the screens, it looks more like a lategame map than an early game map. But still looks totally cool. Dark and forbidding. Not too big, not too small. I'd play it.

And thanks for the wishes regarding the new project. (Which hasn't actually been announced yet, but at this point, will happen.)

Share this post


Link to post

Well i'm digging the new screenshots. Also looking forward to "TRCP" or whatever the new one is gonna be called. Now that it seems like there is gonna be two awesome projects, i'm feeling pretty stoked again.

Share this post


Link to post

This started out pretty ugly but I'm happy to see that things have been settled fairly amicably after the dust settled, with the development of not one, but two TNT-inspired megaWADs. Best of luck to both teams.

Share this post


Link to post
rampancy said:

Well i'm digging the new screenshots. Also looking forward to "TRCP" or whatever the new one is gonna be called.


TNT: Revilution Clone Project

Revilution is like the most obvious followup to Evilution, but it's justified here because it was born out of revilement.

Share this post


Link to post
Gez said:

TNT: Revilution Clone Project

Revilution is like the most obvious followup to Evilution, but it's justified here because it was born out of revilement.


If one looks through this thread, I suggested Revilution as the name for this project back when it had no subtitle :)

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if there will ever be a TNT Revisited project after this is past completion, Plutonia has had more than enough love already because you know Plutonia 2 and Plutonia Revisited. :P

Share this post


Link to post

"TNT The Way TNT2 Didn't"

Share this post


Link to post

Before deciding on a name it should be made clear what kinda game this 2nd project is even gonna be.

If its some sort of sequel, Revilution would probably be best.
If its just plain TNT styled or something... TNTTWTTNTD would be one option.

Share this post


Link to post

Also, the first demo really should be on mediafire. The 11c version of it, because I have NEVER been able to do ANYTHING involving this "tnt2.net16" thing.

Share this post


Link to post

Personally I think it would be best if it avoided the TNT2 tag altogether because this ALREADY is a thing and went for something like yeah TRCP.

Maybe TNT Re-evolved? TNT Parallel? (aka parallel to an another dimension)

Also if you do guys have few maps ready to show off, make a thread and put those maps up for a public demo thingy so people will know what they are in, to.

Also here have a shot from my new map15.

Share this post


Link to post
alterworldruler said:

TNT Parallel? (aka parallel to an another dimension)

Parallaxolution

Share this post


Link to post

Our Current working Title: (For the project that doesn't officially exist but probably everyone knows about.)

TNT Revilution: Evilution 2: TRCP: Totally Not TNT2: The Newest Thing: TNT Re-evolved: TNT The way Kyka Did: Parallel Parallaxolution: The return of the dawn of The New Technology.

@Alter. Yeah totally. Out little project will not have anything along the lines of TNT2 in the title, as that title is yours officially. We'll do something along the lines of TRCP.

Share this post


Link to post

In other news, seeing as this project has scrapped Valkiriforce's Egyptian tribute map, then if you guys are prepared to release it, I will take it off your hands. (Obviously I will get Valkiriforce's permission to use it also, but for now, if you guys are prepared to release it, that is a good start.)

Also, seeing as all the bullshit is done now, to whoo and all relevant people, I offer my apologies for some of my harsher posts, and I wish you guys all the best with TNT2.

And finally, huge props to Xaser, for spending 5 hours on Skype with me, going through the entire texture pack virtually one patch/flat and texture at a time, working out a workable split of all the resources for both projects. Thanks for your patience and humour, and good to have such a long task completed.

Share this post


Link to post
This topic is now closed to further replies.