Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_marine666

Heretic level: Water Overlord

The texturing in that first screenshot is a little strange..but the rest of it looks alright. Is this supposed to be an E3M8 replacement?

It crashes Heretic. By the error message it seems flats were used on walls, or textures were used for flats. This could be compatible in any port or original heretic.exe if you keep textures on walls and flats on floors and ceilings. I dont see any other zdoom features, so you may need to compromise a tiny bit to make it vanilla.

Theres seems to be way too much ammo. Still nice try for a first wad.

Other ports support flats on walls and textures on floors now days. Doomsday for instance.

Though this wad only seems to use a texture as a flat for the floor of a single sector and it's not even a floor the player will ever see...

The map also features a Doom Builder 3D start, a couple of unknown textures ("BLANK") and features the "tag 0 ZDoom-ism"

I know how to make it work. Just pointing out a few things that could make it fully vanilla compatible. Its a good learning experience to remove things that cause other ports or the DOS exe to crash.

doom_marine666 said:

hi

I hate vanilla doom it is so bad

hi

I love the power glove it is so bad

Guest DILDOMASTER666
doom_marine666 said:

"Limitation and confinement breeds limitless creativity."

I think you just lack creativity any way you cut it.

doom_marine666 said:

hi

It is not the point of the advices people give you. Basicly the problem is you use zdoom "features" that is not really needed for your wad.

doom_marine666 said:

hi

Get out of here and go back to your Steam games.

Heh when I was playing doom in school last year I was only using vanilla doom + dosbox. It was the only way I could have done it, and it was actually nice taking a break from modern ports and the like, and just getting classic gameplay. Thankfully though at home I got chocolate doom for that.

Torn said:

It is not the point of the advices people give you. Basicly the problem is you use zdoom "features" that is not really needed for your wad.

They are not features. They are just small bugs that zdoom happens to ignore. Very quick to fix.

doom_marine666 said:

is that that a threat Whoo, and
don't even like steam it sucks

the power gloves, craigs are called Gauntlets of the Necromancer if you want to know

Whoo isn't threatening you. He's insulting you. Also, wrong glove.

C'mon guys it IS allowable to not be fond of vanilla Doom, with its blur-o-/chop-o-vision, limited controls, lack of config options, crashes, limitations, etc.

If everybody was so in love with that stuff, we wouldn't have source ports to begin with :P

Quasar said:

C'mon guys it IS allowable to not be fond of vanilla Doom, with its blur-o-/chop-o-vision, limited controls, lack of config options, crashes, limitations, etc.

If everybody was so in love with that stuff, we wouldn't have source ports to begin with :P

And you wouldn't be adding compatability options in EE either, zing. :P

rf` said:

And you wouldn't be adding compatability options in EE either, zing. :P

Er, what? The compatibility options exist mainly for the ability to play certain old levels (and demo recordings) in modern sourceports without the aforementioned blur-o-vision :P