Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D_GARG

DOOM1 idea

D_GARG said:

by the way, any one tried it? and are there anything that you specificly like or feel thats missing?

Sup D_GARG (the commander keen gargs? what?)

I liked some things quite a bit. Some things just weren't becoming. I don't think you should try to update the look of the maps--that is. I don't think you should try to make areas look better. The cube lights you added on e1m2 I would say need to go (except there were a few in one area that were okay). I actually kinda liked the shading you did--especially on e1m3. It was also neat what you did with the added e1m3 slime pit area. But I thought how you made getting there a bit cheap. Try to come up with a more interesting and exciting way of getting over there. Also, there shouldn't be teleports before e1m5.

E1M5 started in the middle of the slime pit where the blue armor and box of ammo are on pillars. :(

Hellbent said:

Sup D_GARG (the commander keen gargs? what?)

I liked some things quite a bit. Some things just weren't becoming.

getting there a bit cheap.

Also, there shouldn't be teleports before e1m5.

E1M5 started in the middle of the slime pit where the blue armor and box of ammo are on pillars. :(

E1M5 spawn stuff was to kill a bugg

D_GARG like DOOM gargoyle (take from a doom2 texture)

somethings just werent comming? what u mean?

argh, about teleports, have to keep that one i have on E1M1, otherwise i just delete a entire tunnel system.

and, you dont really think about a wall so close to the blue key in E1M3 new area, or?

to kill a bug? the player start is a bug.

weren't becoming... meaning they didn't work. Such as the lights in e1m2 (they're okay, but just... they don't work). And didn't like that you left some lights on in the original blue key acquisition on e1m3.

thin wall blue key e1m3 what? Not sure what you mean. I'll have to replay it and back to you on that.

Hellbent said:

to kill a bug? the player start is a bug.

weren't becoming... meaning they didn't work. Such as the lights in e1m2 (they're okay, but just... they don't work). And didn't like that you left some lights on in the original blue key acquisition on e1m3.

thin wall blue key e1m3 what? Not sure what you mean. I'll have to replay it and back to you on that.

yea the player start is a bug, i got funny graphical appearences when i built in an sector that didnt exist actually, so i tested different sulutions and forgot to put back player start.

e1m2 is supposed to be dark.

yea i pranked myself vasp-in-trousers about those lights in e1m3 :/

and about how to get to new area in e1m3, i mean who expects that hidden passage not far away?

the hidden passage was alright. But a teleport isn't a very creative way to get you over there. Maybe I will edit it and you can see if you like my way of getting over there.

The other thing-- a lot of your implementations don't look polished/professional enough. You need to go through the map and see if you can make them seem more natural and integrated.

Oh, and the switch on e1m1 (on the raised computer panels) doesn't do anything.

The teleport actually isn't so bad. I mean, it takes you up top which is cool.

ok, i may do another passage to e1m3, but another area.

i think the normal shotgun is too powerfull, beacuse of its accuracy, u can smash oponents with high range with it, i wish to replace the former sargeants drop with a more primitive version of shotgun: the western shotgun from realm 667, a close quarter weapon.

but i cant figure out how i am gonna do it :/

that would be cool.

One other thing I really don't like that you did in v06 is changing the enemies--like the former humans in the green armor room. :(

Hellbent said:

that would be cool.

One other thing I really don't like that you did in v06 is changing the enemies--like the former humans in the green armor room. :(

yea, i did that beacuse i didnt like to have shotgun so fast in the game, i might put up a sneaky secret were u find the normal shotgun
'

Hellbent said:

it's more about changing the enemies than the effect of the shotgun being removed.

yea well

once i have the sgzombies drops fixed they'll be back, if i dont put rapidfire troopers there instead

ok, the idea about when to get what in this episode1 modification is (mostly) complete:

M1: wenstern sg, (rifle if monster drops) and blue armor (+ 1 thing i will not reveal, find all secrets)

M2 enforcer, chainsaw and megahealth.
M3 machinegun and backpack.(backpack not found in E1M2, u get supply box instead).

M4 chaingun, rocket launcher, Dukeshotgun.
M5 ShotGun, berserk and invisibility.
M6 Plasmagun.
M7 grenade launcher OR grenades (not added those yet) and Pumpactionshotgun.

M8 (BFG?) ( some sort of SSG?)

M9 [ Ill throw a dice for that one ;) ]'

version not released yet, beacuse map populating is not finished.

might take 1 more week.

by the way, after you defeat the two ultra muscular Barons you also have to get rid of a CYBERDEMON. and it gets worse.

oh, uh, hi guys.

things goes really slow ... but it moves forward.

i dunno if im gonna release the latest ive modifyed, there are still some worms to drag out, and im trying to make a youtube film which contains a cool quakelive match i recorded.

its a pitty i used FRAPS beacuse i have to compress and play tarzan to succed to upload it. ( 5 min film uncompressed = 3.9 GB ) funny ...

i lack in skill of making new areas which fit it well -.-

any one who wanna look at it tell me, i will upload if so.