Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireSeraphim

Nightmarish Retribution (Commentary Desired)

I know, I know. I shouldn't even be daring to post another project in the first place. But, I promise that this time it will be different. My latest project happen to draw some of its inspiration fron Quake, and a few other games. But this time I promise to insure quality beforehand and I'll ask for betatester this time around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWTHglnEXws
Here is a youtube video demonstrating MAP01. and yes, this project o' mine might end up being seperated into episodes. the name of this Map is "Deju Vu".

Watched the video and I must say the concept is pretty awesome! Slicing memorable pieces of first maps into one and giving it a dark and moody atmosphere. Cool idea! Definitely keep going with this :)

The only thing that bothered me in the video was the very short time before a door closed again. Did you count how often you had to open that one door with the Cacos behind? Also everything looked a lot smaller than the originals, which I found looked a bit too cramped.

Would like to see more of this project :)

It looks pretty cool. Yeah, there's definitely no need to have all the doors close that fast (as far as I can tell). Is there any reason in particular you made them that way?

Other than that, the atmosphere was great and the music worked well to make a unified whole.

I liked it, but i didn't like the white textures in the quake-inspired area.

How many maps are you planning to create?

Lorenzo

Keyblade Master said:
@Reaper978:The doos are going at the same speed as they do in Doom and Doom2. I suppose I might have activated the doors too often.[/B]

They are definitely faster than most of the standard doors in doom/doom2. I'd suggest making them stay open longer, as even yourself wasted shots from the door closing so suddenly.

@Reaper978:The doos are going at the same speed as they do in Doom and Doom2. I suppose I might have activated the doors too often.

Yes, they are going up and down at the same speed as the doors in doom. I mean to say that I think the doors don't stay open long enough. That is what I meant. Sorry for the confusing wording.

These screens seem pretty cool as well, though I don't recognize the areas.