Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathevokatioN

Last Doom Wad you played

I made a serious lapse in judgement and played one of that douche's levels, CJ or whatever his name is. Ugh... I just want to die now, what a retarded concept. Dormouse I think it was. I mean what's the point? Big open space, so stupid. That's just not how Doom works. Give me tight corridors and monster closets, or give me death. I hope Ty starts rejecting all his crap out of hand.

^ hahahahah

Played Hell's Eventide, and it was awesome! Loved every second of it.

Then played some Nostalgia Station, pretty cool map... but I died a lot.

I started Requiem about 30 minutes ago, and great maps up until 3, which was a snow map. Fuck snow maps, so I instant IDCLEVd to 4 and carried on playing.

I just played level 8 by the same author as 3, and wow, it felt like a total adventure! What an amazing atmosphere as well...

I'll back track to 3 once I've finished the game I think. Anyway, this megawad really is inspiring me.

Just finish Memento Mori. SP got pretty tedious on some of the larger, co-op oriented levels, but overall solid stuff. Map23 and Map28 were both very entertaining.

Starting MM2 sometime this weekend, I guess.

Snakes said:

Just finish Memento Mori. SP got pretty tedious on some of the larger, co-op oriented levels, but overall solid stuff. Map23 and Map28 were both very entertaining.

Starting MM2 sometime this weekend, I guess.

I took a break from PL2 since I wasn't really in the mood for it. I've started Memento Mori, on MAP05 and I am enjoying it immensely.

Finished MM2 yesterday. Excellent stuff for the most part. A couple of lousy maps, but the good ones were pretty amazing. That effect on Map16... that was awesome.

UAC Ultra. Thanks for making use of Doom 3 inspired UAC signs in Doom 2 :)

Snakes said:
Finished MM2 yesterday. Excellent stuff for the most part. A couple of lousy maps, but the good ones were pretty amazing. That effect on Map16... that was awesome.

Wow, this WAD gains new enthusiasts even in 2010 :) My favourite one, shared 1-2 place with Darkening 2 which is... different.
I sorta finished Caverns of Darkness (amazing, too, though I had to switch to ZDoom and it plays quite differently). Couldn't beat MAP09 on UV yet (max.about 730 kills and 100 monsters left when I died), only on HMP with less than 400 total monster count and it was still very hard.

Ah, if you like watching demos, the current UV Speed record on MM2 MAP16, by Xit Vono is quite extraordinary, compared to previous records.

Finished a few wads yesterday...

Scythe, was AWESOME!!!! Nice and simplistic, and some of the later hellish maps had a great atmosphere. I loved this mapset right up to level 25, then it got wierd. Map 26 should have been map 29 imo. And that speed running map was impossible for me so I cheated :p.

The Lost Seraphim, was a mixed bag for me. The first map was pure sex (with a woman), fast paced action, a great looking level that played well, and had some UT music, a cool vibe that reminded me of Unreal Tournament. The 3rd map was also pure sex, but this time with another man. There is just something about swimming around an island for 45 minutes not knowing how to get on it, getting chased by revenant missiles that swim faster than you, all this happening while listening to dance music just doesn't do it for me, and gives me an epic headache. Levels 2, 3, and 4 look great and surreal, but there are parts that don't play too well... it actually felt a bit incomplete to me. I'll definitely revisit the first level. Being able to kill a Cyber Demon in one punch is too much fun though! :)

I'm new to these forums but not new to the game whatsoever, found this thread interesting. I just beat NewGothic (the 11 level set) on UV. Other wads I've beaten on UV are Scythe/Scythe2 (the 30 level set of s2), AlienVendetta, MM/MM2, Speed of Doom, TW/TW2, CommunityChest 1,2, and 3, HR/HR2 and NDCP 1/2. Of course I've yet to beat any of these on fast monsters, but seeing as how my need to kill every enemy in every level comes up every time i find a new doom wad, I feel fast monsters would be close to impossible, especially on the Scythe series and Speed of doom.

Can anybody recommed extremely hard doom megawads for me? It'll be greatly appreciated!

Kama Sutra is pretty damn hard. Also I'm in the middle of playing it too.

Forgot to add that one to my list, I beat that one too, not including that last level (where yout ake the hard way) though, I couldn't figure out what to do...

Hard Target is the hardest level of KS, ahve fun with that one ;)

Played a bit of Community Chest 3, and Dutch Devil's level is so awesome and has such great use of textures that I'm now reconsidering whether I should continue mapping or not. Heh

Hopefully I can get to that level of mapping one day.

The Evil Unleashed

good '94 wads ftw.

I never played The Evil Unleashed, can you post a link for the download? Or can anybody, for that matter? I'm hoping it's a megawad of some sort and not just 1 level though.

Keepin on them hard wads, I just started replaying Speed of Doom on fast monsters (am currently in the beginning of level 3 before i had to take a break lol).

@sevenyearitch; Heh, try SL, I think you'll like map28/29/30 (self-promotion, yay ;). Also there are 14 1/2 maps for NG now ... oh yeah check out some of deathxdestiny's maps like nochance.wad, if you haven't already, they're kinda fun in the super-hard way.

P.S. check out phml's speed maps and also insane_gazebo's sunder. And then there's gggmork's feckyoo. Timeofdeath also has some interesting maps somewhere.

SevenYearItch said:

I never played The Evil Unleashed, can you post a link for the download? Or can anybody, for that matter? I'm hoping it's a megawad of some sort and not just 1 level though.

http://www.doomworld.com/10years/bestwads/1994.php

The last one. It replaces all of E3 of Doom 1.

The last wad i finished was Deus Vult.Now fighting through Deus Vult 2 (on map 23,i used pistol starts as intended in the textfile).I somehow liked the first DV more though...a lot more atmospheric and fun,especially map01.Anyway,i loved both of them,and am anxiously awaiting DV 2 Special Edition.

Last WAD I finished was Nuts Arena.

Currently running through:

UAC Ultra
Alien Vendetta (HMP) but I have a feeling I'll get stuck at map26 D:

@40oz - Thanks a lot will start playing this one soon

@ArmouredBlood - Shai'tan Luck seems crazy so far, just got to the third level.. the end of the first level was just a bit unexpected lol :D