Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathevokatioN

Last Doom Wad you played

Recently played Qboard Doom2 SP wad a 3 map Doom2 wad made by Quake mappers(including a map by Aardappel, who is the guy that made WadC). Pretty good maps to play even through they a bit on the easy side.

I continued my scoredoom playthrough of Kama Sutra, and I have finally gotten past map28 and holy shit it was hard. Two more levels to go, and I finally have that megawad under my belt.

Edit: I have finally finished the Kama Sutra megawad with 4.3 million+ points, and good grief that final level was hard. (I had to wait for an enemy to spawn with the shield sphere powerup before I cheezed the crap out of the mega boss enemies before it wore off.)

...just practicing some necromancy here

played bypain.wad, and I really enjoyed it! There was some discussion about it in the Speed Demos Forum. 4/5

Also, I tried my first non-boom or vanilla compitable map(s) today in coop with a friend. We tried out Legacy of Suffering, and I must admit, I suffered. I suffered horrendous gameplay and the most boring shit I`ve ever played. 0/5, djeeeez.

Also played through some AV maps, especially map06. Top notch.

edit: oh I forgot I also played through Requiem.wad. Some really cool maps but some lame ones also, especially some of the later ones

Shut up, LOS kick ass.

NDCP2 - 4/5

Have some excellent maps in the opposite of anothers that are just unplayable shit. Overall, it's a nice and fun megawad.

Playing through SOD... top-notch maps for the most part. I do prefer Joshy's maps a bit, but both authors really did an excellent job.

nydoom1.wad

before that an old one called hate.wad--which had some pretty creepy ambient sounds.

I played 2002ADO combined with my own hardcore Doom tweak, where the last weapon is a Necronomicon.

Printz wrote: I played 2002ADO combined with my own hardcore Doom tweak, where the last weapon is a Necronomicon.

Before taking that damned book, did you remember to say: Klaatu, Verata, Nichm-ahem?!

Am currently playing Eternal ( -ly switch- and key-hunting ) Doom III.

Currently on level 20 of Armadosia, a megawad I just discovered by accident. Can't believe I haven't seen it referenced before, since it is acutally a fairly well made wad with huge levels. It sends me on the occasional switch hunt which is annoying, and it isn't on par with Scythe/AV etc but interesting none the less.

Twinzen said:

Currently on level 20 of Armadosia, a megawad I just discovered by accident. Can't believe I haven't seen it referenced before, since it is acutally a fairly well made wad with huge levels.

I remember that one, I think Grazza recorded some demos for it shortly after release but I could be wrong.

darkreaver said:

...just practicing some necromancy here

heh

In the last month I played a ton of wads, can't remember all of them, most of the ones I played aren't really fresh in my head either though. :P

SCOURGE OF VISCERUS by Matt Tropiano, loved it alot! 5/5)

Plutonia - loved it, amazing gameplay. 5/5

Plutonia 2 - something REALLY rubbed me the wrong way when I played this, not going to get into detail about it because it might just be me, enjoyed the first level though.

DAWN OF THE DEAD by Jan Van der Veken - fucking awesome!!! Starts out feeling like a "nostalgic E1" level set with the first few levels (but with much more depth than the average E1 replacement), but it eventually explodes into an entirely different experience. Really cool traps, and lots of off the wall action to be had here. The layouts are great as well.

REQUIEM - I love most of the maps here, but that one with those shoot through nazis broke it for me.

A bunch of killer levels by Kurt Kesler (really talented author)

Some levels by Dutch Devil, also really talented author.

ODESSA by Bob Evans, 5/5!

DeathevokatioN said:

REQUIEM - I love most of the maps here, but that one with those shoot through nazis broke it for me.

QFT. wtf was up with that?

Twinzen said:

Heh, to be honest I'm not sure. Maybe he was drunk when he made it? Requiem felt like pure sex up until that map.

SevenYearItch said:

Played through speed of doom on fast monsters, as well as Scythe2. In my opinion, those are the 2 best wads out there.

While I respect the effort put into Scythe 2, it has grown off me big time! The hyper detailing gives me a headache. I love most of the levels from the first Scythe though. ;P

Some more level sets I've played through that I forgot to mention in my last post:

Darkening E1 (5/5): Had a lot of fun with this one, the layouts are awesome, and the fights are fun as HELL!

Classic Episode (5/5), Really killer nostalgic set of levels, covering the first three episodes of Ultimate DooM in an episode!

Now I'm halfway through Darkening E2. Pretty awesome so far.

Sorry for my big post.

DeathevokatioN said:

Just finished playing "The Bone Yard" by Claude Matherne. Don't know how these maps got onto my computer but I'm not complaining at all because I had a lot of fun playing through them, 20 minutes of perfect DooMing!!

http://doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15890

I just finished this now and I enjoyed it. The first couple of maps had nice little details and tricks. I encountered a serious design flaw on the third map. If you go up the lift, throw the first switch in the next sector which results in the elevator sealing itself off, and keep advancing until you hear a door open, it is possible to run back to the newly opened sector, teleport back to the beginning with no way of retrieving the yellow keycard. Most players wouldn't do what I did, but it was a terrible oversight with the map's design. The noclipping cheat enabled the level to be finished.

Okay. I just finished Grime.wad (Doom 2) and it was incredible -very difficult and absolutely brutal at times. It took me just over 35 minutes to complete. A large chunk of time was spent hiding behind a pillar while I waited for an archvile to slowly burn a spider mastermind to death. I had almost no ammunition left and spent probably close to 10 minutes waiting for archie to finish the job.

I'm getting rusty. Hurt Me Plenty is almost too challenging for me now a days it feels.

5 out of 5 imps!

Oh, Grime! I had totally forgotten about that one. I remember it as very good, allthough very brutal. Who made it? Can`t remember

I've been playing the best Doom wad ever made. Doom 2. I love Sandy's maps especially, as well as American Mcgees maps. Monster Condo and Spirit World are masterpieces.

darkreaver said:

Oh, Grime! I had totally forgotten about that one. I remember it as very good, allthough very brutal. Who made it? Can`t remember

Stop posting, go map!

;)

darkreaver said:

Death-Destiny

Just played through pphobos.zip "Planet Phobos" (Doom 1) and I was ultimately disappointed. With the exception of the last three levels or so, every level had settings strongly borrowed from "Knee Deep in the Dead". It wasn't just in the "inspired by" tributes way either. Nothing was lifted directly, but the essence and quality of an entire room could be pinpointed back to the original Doom levels. Whether it was a zig-zagging trail through a pit of slime (E1M1) or the ascending stairs that overlook the courtyard in E1M2, large sections of the maps felt way too familiar. It was fun in places, but overall it felt too much alike without the charm of the original Doom design.

2.5 out 5 imps.

Twinzen said:

I would think you would recognize GHOST NAZIS FROM HELL when you see them.

The most recent mega wad I've played through was Demonfear by Adam Windsor. I almost beat the whole megawad in that one day I downloaded it but I got bored and I had to take a break. So I finished it the next day. :)

Most recent wad would be Dystopia 3. First time playing it and I wasn't so fond of the gameplay. On Ultra-Violence there's so little ammunition I kept barely passing some levels. Right now I'm enjoying it better on the lower difficulties.

Played some WoS in co-op, but its really too easy, so we switched to HR2.

So: WoS and HR2.

edit: oh yeah, we also played CC2, up to map 23 I think.

"5 years" (5years.wad) for Doom 2 by Shadowman

I loved this map set. The detailing is superb and the illusion of the two story houses in the first map are very cleverly designed. I've always been a fan of winding maps based in mines with varied heights and map two nails it perfectly with more cool, little details. The gameplay is just about right.. engaging but not particularly challenging.

4.5 out 5 imps!