Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please include screenshots, so it is easier to see what to expect.

TraderEddy said:

How do I upload screenshots to Doomworld?

Upload them to an image hosting site, then add [*IMG]IMAGE URL HERE[*/IMG] to your post, just without the *s.

Or even better, just the link.

A few issues I had with this map..
the two hallways with the lowering sectors, revealing the imps was way too symmetrical. There were even two secrets in the same spot of each hallway.

You really abused that granite texture, why not add some metal supports for some eyecandy?

I couldnt find the blue key. It didnt spawn where it was supposed to.

Also, I dont like the way the teleporting is (With no noise or anything) but thats just my opinion.

I couldnt find the blue key card, but to make sure it wasnt my own stupidity I loaded the level in Doombuilder. The key has a set spawn in the room with the nukage, and didnt spawn properly when run in zdoom. Im clueless as to why.

As for aligning floor ceiling textures, if you look at the grid in doombuilder, there should be blue lines along with the white ones. these are the 64x64 squares in which flats are aligned. if you put a teleporter flat in your map, it will only look right if its in one of those blue 64x64 spaces.

Using wall textures on the ceiling and floor is something to avoid. :P

TraderEddy said:

I don't know how to align floor or ceiling textures.

You generally can't, they are aligned to the grid.

TraderEddy said:

I know, I just feel there aren't enough ceiling textures that complement GSTONE1.

Sometimes if you can't find textures that go with a specific theme, try to find textures that at least compliment their colors and provide decent enough accent and contrast to the scene so that features of the map stand out, like important hallways and the like. Also, try to match floor/ceiling textures with like "materials" for upper and lower textures. I saw a wooden platform with a marble floor texture in one of those screenshots, and it looked a little awkward.

Believe me, even little things like that make maps much more appealing, aesthetics-wise. Just experiment with textures to see what looks good and what doesn't. Or, if you don't feel like doing that, just look at what other acclaimed authors do and see what textures that they use together.