Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DANZA

DOOM Rising 3.1 + Classic Patch [DOWNLOAD READY]

He mostly compiled the monsters together from other sources and then modified them slightly. Same with weapons. I'm not really seeing skill in this. We're saying bad things because it is bad (and he should feel bad), and that way he definitely knows that compilation projects like this are pretty dumb. If he is going to be a good wad maker, he should spend his time making something interesting instead of a stupid monster and weapon replacement wad with practically none of his own work and a cripplingly large amount of pointless monsters. Clearly he's interested in DECORATE stuff, so maybe he should try creating his own set of weapons or something like that.

Also, trolling doesn't involve just making fun of people. You seem to not understand trolling.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Funny. On Skulltag's forums, I'm sure people would call this awesome, seeing as nobody can map in that entire community. The wad itself isn't bad, but it only shows us what those authors of the resources can do. It doesn't show us what you can do.

You know what would be REALLY unique? A randomizer with maps included that the compiler of the resources made himself. I know that kind of goes against the nature of a randomizer (to make other wads more interesting), but it would be nice to have a randomizer that takes itself a bit more seriously and includes some, you know, original content.

Eh, it's nothing spectacular, but it's a first wad of sorts. It's good practice to lead up to something better, if nothing else. Though yeah, I'd encourage Mr. D to next do something outside the vein of the random spawner genre, since there are enough of those around.

Also hooray for the totally-relevant Skulltag bash. :P

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Deeforce said:

Did Tormentor667 release anything new to the idgames archive? He should make maps to the weapons mod created by Danza or WildWeasel (his best work is Diaz: Last Hours of Purity (WW Hits Collection), but there are also no levels included...)! For now: I'm not interested in Danza's work, because there are no new levels.

It would probably be better if Doom Rising had good maps.

;)

edit: fffffffffff post #667

ok, I'll download this and see if this will become my new single player punching bag

see how good decorate this is

Just out of interest, there are two UAC robot mech type things that I don't know where they came from, and I would like to get them myself. They sure ain't from realm667.

Does anyone know where they came from?

Thanks guys.

ler said:

Also, trolling doesn't involve just making fun of people. You seem to not understand trolling.

Heh. Maybe I don't. But it seems to me that if you remove the 'making fun of people' from trolling, then it is no longer trolling. It then becomes either just joking around, or actual constructive criticism, either of which is fine, but neither of which is the same as actual trolling.

Correct me if I am off base here.

Actually, trolling without making fun of people is extremely common. It's usually something like "highly clueless newbie refuses to learn something new" or whatever. Also, trolling specifically means baiting someone to get a humorous reaction out of them, and it requires that you're outside of whatever community you are baiting people in. So in this case, it's not trolling that everyone is doing, but just telling DANZA how much his project sucks. Not very constructive, sure, but this sort of project isn't something people have patience for, because it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of game design and a lack of good taste.

As for the mechs, he's got a few additional credits below the wad description that might be the source of the robot thingies.

The mech in the first post's 2nd screenshot is LilWhiteMouse's Berserker enemy (or one variation thereof -- there are several versions). Haven't seen the other one, but you might be referring to the UACBot, which has been around for ages (and is still cool somehow).

Violator said:

Not the best wad but you dont have to be such dickheads about it

There's a difference between bluntness and dickheadedness and most of the replies come under the former category.

Huh, now he's ripping off ScoreDoom. Look, buddy, if you're trying to do something that's already been done and is rather popular, you should re-evaluate your ideas.

Been playing this more. One thing - having to press the button to reload the SSG is a pain. you only shot it once before reloading, so there's no point in not having it be automatic. That would help gameplay a bunch.

Also, I wanted to see those mechs could do so I went looking for them but couldn't find them. I tried level 30 and then cyber spawns and spider mastermind spawns. But no dice. what monster do they replace?

NT

Personally, I like to reload the weapons myself that's why I implemented the reload system on the SSG. However, if you keep the fire button pressed at least 1 second after you fire the SGG it will reload itself, try it ;) ... I'll make a little patch for it if you still need it after trying that, though.

As for the Former Berserker and the Terminator, those fall into the rare monster category. They may appear on cyberdemon spawnpoints just once in an entire megawad, they are stronger than cyberdemons and a good fight.
As you may have saw, the wad is not THAT random, if all monsters would have the same chance of spawn as AoD there wouldn't be special monsters or any surprises after a while, in fact the enemies wich appear more regularly are like just 30 or less, to keep the game from being chaotic.

With that said, you'll have exactly: a 12.1% chance of fighting a Former Berserker and a 7.3% chance of fighting a Terminator, being the later one of the rarest monsters.

Sorry for uploading the new version so fast (and doubleposting), but v3 didn't felt right especially with the HUGE shotgun ammo drops and the +5 HP per Health Potion wich left soulspheres almost uselless (I shouldn't listen to my "testers" all the time, mostly because they play a lot of QUAKE Live more than DOOM). To compensate the new upload, I added an optional "classic" patch to play without any Hexen/heretic like enemies, for those who didn't like them.

Sorry for resurrecting an old post, but I can't find Doom Rising. Can someone reupload it or tell me where to find it please?

Your best best might be to PM/email DANZA directly as he hasn't posted for 2 years.

Thank for the link, but when I try to play classic patch this error appears:

Script error, "DOOM Rising -classic.wad:DECORATE" line 10:
Replaced type 'ImpSpawner' not found in ImpSpawner2

I use latest GZDoom version