Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UnholyMessias

Hell Revealed 3 Beta testing?

This afternoon I saw a server on skulltag called Hell Revealed 3 Beta Testing and it had hr3beta.wad as pwad. I was wondering if anyone has some info on this project? I love the first hell revealed so i really want to see some screens or know when this will come out.

There is no Hell Revealed 3 Beta. It's Sindrom & DeimosComaBlack trolling. They just renamed some other WAD's and fooled people.

Funny I found this thread considering I hardly ever go on these forums. The HR3 project is still being worked on, but very slowly. I can't easily say how long it will be till the project is released, but it won't be any time soon.We have been working to ensure that these maps live up to their expectations.

As to what DeathevokatioN said; This is still HR3, just think of HLS as a subtitle.

There's no need to bother updating these forums with the progress of the mod since it just takes too much time out of our hands. But I assure you we are still working hard. :)
-----
UnholyMessias "This afternoon I saw a server on skulltag called Hell Revealed 3 Beta Testing and it had hr3beta.wad as pwad. "

Yep, that's us!

Zetta said:

aand that's why we stopped posting here :P

Those of us who are interested in your project and how it comes along, where do we go to see updates and info? :)

TimeOfDeath said:
I hope you guys don't mind?

It's just as dumb as their idea of using someone else's identifying name without permission, but they have no right to give you authorization. They're just plagiarists. It may also get rejected from idgames. You could try contacting Donner if you really want to make such a WAD, assuming it isn't a joke WAD or a parody rather than a serious attempt at "continuing" something. Parody is a valid way of stepping around usual "IP" restrictions, otherwise it would be very difficult to make humor or critical works related to existing works. See your AV2map20 or Whispers of Startan as examples of what I'm talking about :p

Cerebral said:

Sindrom

Is he the same dude who uploaded some youtube videos of 2002ado and other megawads playthroughs?

printz said:

Is he the same dude who uploaded some youtube videos of 2002ado and other megawads playthroughs?

Yes, he also goes by the name Krypto here in Doomworld.

To Zetta: Glad to hear that the project is still going.

printz said:

There was this Sindrom guy who posted some pretty good playthroughs of several maps, including some from Sunder. Don't remember if he did 2002ado though. He has now deleted them though, and uploaded videos that will open your eyes to the truth of 9/11 and such. :\

myk - Actually, I didn't make Whispers of Startan, heh. But thanks for thinking I'm clever enough to come up with that title (I'm not).

I was kidding about HR4. I wanted to see how they would feel if other people also worked on a project with the HR name, in case they felt entitled to use the name instead of other people. Don't get me wrong though, I thought their maps looked pretty cool, despite how I feel about using the HR name.

I don't know all the history and crew of HR 1&2 since I'm still getting around to playing some of the classic megawads from the archives, but if NONE of the people working on 3 were involved in any way with 1 or 2, then I have to agree with the status quo here. Seems like it should be common sense not to swipe the name off somebody else's work without their permission. If they in fact do have permission from the original crew, however, then they shouldn't need to change the name.

IIRC they got "permission" from one or more from the HR2 crew? Or something like that. I dont even fucking care. I just wanna play the shit out of those maps.

If anyone made a sequel to any of my work, I`d feel fucking honored.

Neither of the HR1 members were involved with HR2. At least one of the HR2 members is involved with HR3.

Lots of wads are inspired by HR without being called HR.

Philnemba said:

To Zetta: Glad to hear that the project is still going.

This. Good stuff. I don't care what you call it, just get us some good levels, and I shall be pleased. :)

TimeOfDeath said:
myk - Actually, I didn't make Whispers of Startan, heh. But thanks for thinking I'm clever enough to come up with that title (I'm not).

Hah, actually that was just the ambiguity of language at work, as I'm not sure who made it, either. Had I said "Whispers of Startan or your AV2Map20" instead, I would have been clearer.

darkreaver said:
IIRC they got "permission" from one or more from the HR2 crew?

Yep, but the HR2 team didn't ask for permission in the first place, so they can't pass it on. It's so easy to just use another name. Anyone with a ripe imagination can find a catchy name, even one that suggests or insinuates inspiration on other (great) works. There is no reason to use another's name except attention whoring, which is okay only with the approval of whoever that name represents.

If they have permission to use the stupid sequence of monkey alphabet symbols from 'hell revealed 2' but no permission from 'hell revealed 1', I guess instead of calling it hell revealed 3, they could call it hell revealed 2... 2. *no studio audience laughter and awkward silence* *puts hands in pockets and walks away while looking at the ground* *becomes an elevator enthusiast*