Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArchitectofHell

DECORATEr and Sprite Artist Needed

How cool would it be to have an incorporeal monster (shots pass through) that flies around until it finds a corpse to possess?

I imagine them looking like spirits, ghosts, or just evil-looking balls of light, but I'm open to ideas.

This possession monster would enter one corpse, which is revived.

Now, to take it one step further, how about a larger monster that spawns these spirits, two at a time?

MWAAHHAHHAHAHAHA

I'd REALLY love if it ends up being possible to create a spirit that can visibly depart the possessed monster's body when the monster dies its second death.

...someone please make this.

With original sprites, pleeeeease.

I can provide cool, original sound effects.

Well, not with original sprites, but there's already the Spirit Imp, which is kind of like that. It's on the Realm 667 site.

I checked it out--thanks!

I really like the look of the projectiles; I'd be cool with those being used, if Vader would be. But I still would love to see somebody come up with something new and awesome, too.

By "original" I mostly meant "Not ripped from Duke3D or Blood or Heretic or Hexen or any other existing game." :)

Spirit imps could be kinda cool... if they could reanimate one monster each. I'd have them wander out of a portal and into imp bodies. :D

There are several such monsters already done. Even one that was invoked by a weapon in the old WRW.

Coding is rather straightforward, since all you have to do is to call A_VileChase and remove the monster in its Heal state.

Cool, Gez, thanks for the input. I take it that "Vile_chase" must invoke a part of the Doom engine used by the archvile, eh? Makes sense.

If nobody but me ends up being excited enough to code this monster, I'll learn to do it myself.

ArchitectofHell said:

I can provide cool, original sound effects.

Like what? share some of your stuff.

40oz said:

Like what? share some of your stuff.

You know, you asking that makes me think I should have begun an ambient sound/ambient music/sound effects resource for Doom mappers a long time ago.

As long as you feel that some cool, creepy WAVs would find happy homes in WADs, I think it'd be a blast to spend an evening in my little home studio making horrifying noises.

I'd have to contact the downstairs neighbors first, though, so that they don't worry when they hear me chanting, roaring, screaming, stomping, and ripping massive bloodfarts.

...as pinky demons do.