Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jan

No Sleep For The Dead [v1.0 released!]

lukas2288 said:

Hi janvknn,
what is your progress on your upcoming episode?

Here's the deal, I haven't worked on it for several months because I felt stuck on some levels that I need to finish and because I have had some other things going on in my life.

Over the Christmas holidays and the past few days, I did manage to find some time and inspiration to work on some levels. I did some tune ups on the finished levels. I did some big overhauls on sections of E1M5 that I was unhappy with, and I have some ideas on how to finish it. I scrapped E1M6 and built a new level, which is almost done. I still haven't touched E1M7 :-/

The screenshots do not work. There is just one white pixel instead of every one of them. I guess this is just another dead project. How sad.
Are you ever going to release at least the episode 1 ?

The screenies aren't working for me either, unless the map is a single white pixel. When are you going to post your WIP wad for us to download?

janvknn said:

Here's the deal, I haven't worked on it for several months because I felt stuck on some levels that I need to finish and because I have had some other things going on in my life.

Over the Christmas holidays and the past few days, I did manage to find some time and inspiration to work on some levels. I did some tune ups on the finished levels. I did some big overhauls on sections of E1M5 that I was unhappy with, and I have some ideas on how to finish it. I scrapped E1M6 and built a new level, which is almost done. I still haven't touched E1M7 :-/

Glad to hear you are still chipping away at it at the very least!

kmxexii said:

Glad to hear you are still chipping away at it at the very least!

Heh, very good (if that's sarcasm), although if this was serious, I highly doubt this is still being worked on seeing as that post is over a year old now.

Springy said:

Heh, very good (if that's sarcasm), although if this was serious, I highly doubt this is still being worked on seeing as that post is over a year old now.

Oh, Jeeze, I saw it was in January and my eyes glazed over. I am sure Jan will finish it eventually though (crossing my fingers)

kmxexii said:

Oh, Jeeze, I saw it was in January and my eyes glazed over. I am sure Jan will finish it eventually though (crossing my fingers)

It's understandable, I thought the same when I first saw the bump (until I noticed the year a little while after). I don't really remember this project much but it sounds good.

The author hasn't posted since March of 2013, I am predicting a dead project due to inactivity.

Glaice said:

The author hasn't posted since March of 2013, I am predicting a dead project due to inactivity.

*megabump*

The rumors of this project's death have been mildly exaggerated. It was just resting!

But seriously, I'm still plugging away at it whenever I have time and inspiration and I do plan to release it eventually. A few levels have been dropped from the episode, new ones have been created and some have been reshuffled. Current status is:

E1M1: done
E1M2: done
E1M3: done
E1M4: 80% done
E1M5: done
E1M6: done
E1M7: done
E1M8: done
E1M9: 95% done, just needs some gameplay tweaking.
E2M1 (bonus level): done

In the mean time, I rehosted the screenshots I had put up a few posts back. I edited the post, but you can also find them here: http://imgur.com/a/XhVmr

janvknn said:

*megabump*

The rumors of this project's death have been mildly exaggerated. It was just resting!

But seriously, I'm still plugging away at it whenever I have time and inspiration and I do plan to release it eventually. A few levels have been dropped from the episode, new ones have been created and some have been reshuffled. Current status is:

E1M1: done
E1M2: done
E1M3: done
E1M4: 80% done
E1M5: done
E1M6: done
E1M7: done
E1M8: done
E1M9: 95% done, just needs some gameplay tweaking.
E2M1 (bonus level): done

In the mean time, I rehosted the screenshots I had put up a few posts back. I edited the post, but you can also find them here: http://imgur.com/a/XhVmr

dang! cool to see you still chipping away at this. I hope you do something fun with the cut stuff!

kmxexii said:

I hope you do something fun with the cut stuff!

I was thinking of either doing a rejects.wad of what I have and throwing it out there for people to use as they see fit, or save a level or two for a more "Thy Flesh Consumed" themed set.

traversd said:

Great shots Jan. Looking forward to playing!

Trav

Travers! Wow long time no hear man :)

What are you up to these days?

Good news everyone!

All levels are now near completion. I'm pretty much done with E1M4 and E1M9 and I'm basically just doing some final tweaking of gameplay, texture alignment and things like that. Oh yeah, I also swapped E1M4 and E1M5 around because the level progression works better that way.

The plan is now to let some people playtest the whole thing before the release, and perhaps I'll do a public beta in a couple of days after I've incorporated their feedback.

Stay tuned!

Katamori said:

Holy shit, I can't believe you're still working a 5 years old project, it happens damn rarely.

Heh, I have older unreleased stuff than this in hibernation on my disk, like a Darkening E2 mission pack that I started in 2007 and that will probably never see the light of day.

Nevertheless, nos4dead was too close to the finish line to abandon. I never gave it up, it was just a matter of finding the time and inspiration.

Katamori said:

Holy shit, I can't believe you're still working a 5 years old project, it happens damn rarely.

Afterglow is working on projects with maps dating back to 2000, maybe older

Why rush :)

a Darkening E2 mission pack that I started in 2007 and that will probably never see the light of day.

:((((((((((((

Szymanski said:

Afterglow is working on projects with maps dating back to 2000, maybe older

Why rush :)

Okay, but...I think, Afterglow is a different case. :D he's just crazy as hell.

Played up to E1M5 so far missing some secrets along the way. Really enjoyed it so far, I'd elaborate but I'd just be pointing out the obvious.

I know it's heresy but I do miss the dread of lurking arch-vile's in Doom